1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Has anyone tasted the 2013 Pliny the Younger?

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by 1beergeek, Feb 5, 2013.

1. I'm heading to Northern California on Friday the 8th of February. I hear the lines at Russian River have been down the block and a good 6 hour wait. Has anyone heard anymore about this? I know they are not filling growlers anymore, but 6 hours just for a tast of heaven may be a little too long.

highdesertdrinker likes this.
  2. Squatchito

Squatchito Savant (250) Virginia Dec 6, 2007

I had it about 30 seconds after it was put in the keg, and the hops were already starting to fade. Definate pass I'd say.

3. Wow, thanks for the heads up. Yea, I'd say it is not worth the wait then. Plenty of other great beers in No. Cal. Heading to Drakes, 21st Amendment, Laganitas, Moylans and Bear Republic.

4. rgco

rgco Aficionado (180) California Apr 2, 2012

It has aromatic notes of dandelions, big league chew, Siracha, and hops.

And you can go up this evening and not wait in line.

5. penniwisdom

penniwisdom Initiate (0) California Sep 10, 2010

Had some glasses yesterday. It is definitely better this year than last year. Much smoother, less alcohol heat, the Amarillos really pop in the aroma and flavor. Vinnie knows how to make a great hoppy beer. Enjoy.

bkrueger and Commanche like this.
  6. I had no intention of not waiting in line for a few products of the Younger. How can this not be pure heaven on earth. I can't wait!

7. litheum94

litheum94 Initiate (0) California Dec 29, 2008

I went I Super Bowl Sunday. No line. It's a world class beer again this year, on par with last years. I still think the batch from two year ago was better. It was a delicious tropical fruit bomb. That could just be how I remember it though.

8. If you're here anyway, it's definitely worth it to get it straight from the brewery. Went on Super Bowl Sunday, only waited 20 minutes and got a seat at the bar no problem. I'm liking this year's batch better than last year, smoother, really nice clean finish. Enjoy your trip!

9. 1424IpA

1424IpA Savant (395) California Nov 2, 2012

We arrived at 1030 on monday and sat at a table at 1130. Never had it before but really enjoyed it but not my #1 at this point...maybe next year...lol

10. kotayk

kotayk Aficionado (180) California Feb 22, 2011

NICE !! -- a reverse "last years was better than this years" -- well done Sir!

11. They used different spices this year.

12. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

Collab with DFH?

13. Only two more day's until we go. I am getting excited. Can't wait for the first sip of the Younger. Really looking forward to checking out all of the other brewery's in the area. First time going to Moylan's. Heard good things about the Hopsicle.

14. Went on Monday around 5:30, about a 40 minute wait to get in..........well worth it

15. Awesome, thanks for the update. I freakin love that place.