1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Have the beer gods answered YOUR prayers?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by fmccormi, Jan 22, 2013.

1. fatske

fatske Initiate (0) Pennsylvania Jun 5, 2009

That Victory would brew,bottle and case a kellerbier
  2. No, because my kitchen faucet does not yet dispense Bell's BA 9000. Every morning when I wake up it's just the same old water.
    jglowe77 and franklinn like this.
  3. I had always wanted to get a good core group of guys to do weekly tastings with in the area for a long time. And last year it finally happened. I couldn't have asked for a more generous group of people; willing to bring some big guns we've always wanted to taste, split cases, pick up limited releases, etc. Class acts.
    jglowe77 likes this.
  4. Sweet tyree sweet tea saison was insanely good from Haw River. havent had much else from them.
    fmccormi likes this.
  5. djaeon

djaeon Advocate (725) California Oct 2, 2006

Yep. I got to try Westy 12;)
  6. adkieffer

adkieffer Savant (320) Washington Nov 23, 2010

Two fold...

I just happened to be in Europe on a long planned vacation when Cantillon releases Fou Foune, so I rented a car and got to visit one of the most amazing breweries in the world. Purchased my 6 bottle allotment and they all made it home safe.....smiling on me for sure

My wife agreed to me joining Crooked Stave's Reserve Club from WA with just a quick mention and description.....blessed

I can only hope the coming years follow this same trend!
    fmccormi likes this.
  7. Yes by having craft beer take off!
    fmccormi likes this.
  8. Yup. Left Seattle at 3 am to drive down to Portland for Cherry Adam from the Wood brewery release. Hit a dead deer ON THE WAY, had to get towed 120 miles back to Seattle with no beer (but at least I was alive). Next week a case showed up at my local bottle shop. Stupid expensive but at least I got to try it.
  9. mmikey8

mmikey8 Savant (260) California Aug 2, 2012

My prayer has been answered twice so far - 2x CBS - can't wait to try :)
  10. VeganUndead

VeganUndead Advocate (645) Virginia Apr 25, 2012

I refer to that as seeing simba...I have seen simba twice, first time I ever tasted heady, and first time I ever tasted Abyss. Someone is smiling down on me. Cheers
    jglowe77 likes this.
  11. I just bought two 2011 Parabolas off the shelf at a random Kwikee Mart gas station for $9 per bottle. So I wouln't say the beer gods have answered my prayers as much as I'd say I had good berr karma coming my way.
  12. When they make The Abyss in year round 4/6 packs and Celebration year round then yes.
  13. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

The beer gods will have answered my prayers when I can walk into Spec's or Central Market in Austin and buy BCBS off the shelf. It's label-approved for Texas and Goose Island is slowly marching into town on draught (Matilda and Sofie are ones I've seen thus far).

Another landmark will be when the Texas Legislature completely castrates the TABC and their licensing fees and brewery sale requirements and it finally becomes financially feasible for Cantillon, Jolly Pumpkin, 3F, and other similarly limited distribution beers to send their beer to Texas... I'm able to buy Freetail up here in Austin... and buy the newest Jester King release AT JESTER KING. Wouldn't hurt for them to legally allow beer to be shipped to me either.

Malarkey.
    fmccormi likes this.
  14. dawatts

dawatts Savant (285) Massachusetts Dec 27, 2006

Yes. My buddy is on his way home from VT with a trunk full of goodies.
  15. No! No 3 Floyd's or Heady Topper in PA.... yet!!!! Continue to pray!!!
  16. I have been pretty lucky. I have been able to buy a few cases of Heady and some growlers from Hill Farmstead. I also got the last bottle of KBS in a store that only carried Centennial IPA at the time. I scored 1/2 a brick of Westy VII. Still plenty of beers to wish for and I sincerely hope that everyone who loves DIPA can enjoy at least 1 can of Heady Topper in their life.
    fmccormi likes this.
  17. I was able to spend time with family I haven't seen in almost a year, find Schlafly's at a gas station, then leave to come back home with Lugene AND Hopslam. I would say the beer gods have be pretty sweet to me.
  18. Derranged

Derranged Advocate (500) New York Mar 7, 2010

I don't really have any beer "prayers" per say. But I was hoping to find Keegan Ales Super Kitty in something other than that big $30.00 bottle and sure enough, yesterday I saw a four pack of 12 ounce bottles for $12.99. Probably could have found it for a buck or two cheaper but who cares, I'm happy. Looking forward to trying it.
  19. Resuin

Resuin Champion (760) Massachusetts Jun 18, 2012

I'm an ale-theist
  20. BigBarley

BigBarley Savant (330) Texas Aug 5, 2011

Having read this, I feel similar to having just gotten laid after about a 4 year dry-spell. If I can get Firestone Walker and Goose Island products in Texas, I will take back all the bitching I've done about this state's limited craft brew selection!
  21. lokieman

lokieman Savant (475) Oklahoma Jan 20, 2011

Goose Island already on tap at a few places and Firestone Walker rolling out mid February my friend. Don't necessarily need GI and FW to be a content beer drinker in Texas with our current distro and locals but I gotta admit...Firestone Walker gives me a chub
    BigBarley likes this.
  22. Yes completing a verticle of Marshal Zhukov this weekend! 09-12

All of the possible vintages!
  23. Ant7780

Ant7780 Aficionado (210) Michigan Dec 2, 2012

I found out that Kuhnhenns still had bottles left and I was able to buy a few A Few Shillings Too Many and a few 4th Dementia's
    Also a friend of mine is holding some Black Note for me.
    I humbly bow my head in thanks to the gods of Beer.