Haymarket Hoppy Birthday Party This Saturday

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by JakeT469, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer Advocate (530) Illinois Apr 16, 2012

The base stout is called Acrimonious. They've had it on tap before, it's very sweet but also tasty.

2. jegross2

jegross2 Champion (750) Illinois Jan 3, 2010 Verified

I
    2nd Anni was ok. Best beers were Claire's, ├╝ber mathias, chocolate barleywine and indignant (in that order)

3. agwalters

agwalters Aficionado (195) Illinois Nov 10, 2006

Clare's was indeed a special brew. Unbelievable flavor. Just a flat out incredible beer. 2nd Anniversary was awesome as well. The chocolate barley wine and Nina's Templeton were way up there as well for me. If I had to round out a top 5 I'd have to go Uber Mathias....which is just consistently one of the best IPAs I can find out there.

All in all it was a packed night, but it was hard to care or notice when balanced by the amazing beers and friendly staff and patrons. A good example of how great a night of drinking spectacular beers can be when the conditions are right. Well done, Haymarket. Well done, Pete!

BrianBo likes this.
  4. JPortillo

JPortillo Savant (320) Illinois Mar 12, 2012

I agree wasnt feeling that Lemon Zest BW

5. CityofBals

CityofBals Initiate (0) Illinois Sep 12, 2012

Has anyone been there today by any chance that can let us know if stuff is still on tap? Thinking about round 2.

6. jegross2

This was a well run event with awesome pricing. Now, if only they learned to make good food...

Dontcounttoday likes this.
  7. jefeld

jefeld Aficionado (230) Illinois Mar 31, 2010 Verified

My riot sandwich and sweet potato tater tots were awesome

8. agwalters

Glanced at Haymarket's Untappd feed this morning. Folks are still checking in to all the stuff you'd want!

Disagree on the food - I think Haymarket has a delicious menu!

9. zieglemt

zieglemt Aficionado (180) Illinois Apr 25, 2011

They just posted on FB that Uber Mathias and White Chapel Wit are the only ones that have kicked. Anniversary Blend will prob be the next to go.

10. jegross2

The tots were admittedly good, as were the brussel sprouts...but these are side dishes. The burger was not good, the chili was average, and the mac and cheese flat out stunk. The chocolate mouse was tasty with my impy stouts though :)

11. Mjmoser

Mjmoser Savant (420) Illinois May 6, 2012

That was what I had, was pretty tasty. Did you end up getting your growler? When I left it was still on the ground by my feet....

12. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (445) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

The Haymarket website still lists Clare's as being on and I'm too lazy to pick up a phone, anybody know if it's actually still on and/or if they're filling growlers of it?

13. agwalters

Clare's was still pouring as of Monday. No growler fills on it though.

I'm guessing it could be on a while more. As I recall someone mentioning, the 2nd Anniversary was supposedly the next one expected to kick and they had ample supply of it on Monday as well. Pete did it up right on supply for sure!

Bay01 likes this.
  14. cadaugherty

cadaugherty Savant (465) Illinois Feb 10, 2010

Clare's has kicked. Sorry updating website now.

15. Bay01

Bay01 Savant (445) Illinois Nov 19, 2008

Thanks for the update, also just saw your post earlier in this thread about Nina growler fills.