Headed to Santa Rosa for Younger Day. Best place to stay the night?

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by darkyellowsky, Jan 23, 2013.

1. darkyellowsky

darkyellowsky Zealot (90) Arizona Oct 8, 2012

Any ideas on what hotels to stay at?

2. DrAwkward82

DrAwkward82 Savant (315) California Apr 16, 2005

If you don't need luxury, the downtown Travelodge is your best bet. Nothing fancy, but if all you need is a place to crash it's in easy stumbling distance of Russian River.

(Note that there are two Santa Rosa Travelodges, so make sure you're booking the downtown one)

darkyellowsky likes this.
  3. darkyellowsky

Thanks for the info.

4. Walden97

Walden97 Aficionado (160) Texas Mar 31, 2011 Verified

For cost saving purposes, I use the priceline bidding process for a 3.5 star hotel and typically get the Flamingo for about $60/nt. My buddy once got the Hyatt at $50! This time I may just stay at the Hyatt though. It's close and it's nice.

5. Hotel La Rose if you want to live the life...

6. darkyellowsky

Thanks guys. I will only be there a night and although I know it is shitty, I will be staying at the Travellodge Downtown. Super close and cheap

7. dcgunman

dcgunman Savant (425) California Jul 1, 2009 Verified

Yeah, I stayed at the other Travelodge the first time I went for the Younger release and it was cheap but terrible.

8. John_M

John_M Moderator (1,155) Oregon Oct 25, 2003 Staff Member Verified

The GF and I stay in the Santa Rosa area around this time fairly often (usually just for a night before heading up to Mendocino). The downtown travelodge is a good bet if cheap and "within" stumbling distance of the brewpub is your main criteria. However, just a mile or so down the road from the brewpub are any number of hotels that, IMHO, are far superior to the travelodge. The quality inn and the Best Western Plus Garden Inn are both good and cheap, while in the other direction there's the Sandman. (roughly the same distance, but north instead of south of the pub). I'd stay at any of those places before I'd stay at the Travelodge downtown, though granted, none of them will be as convenient to the brewpub as the TL.

9. Walden97

Walden97 Aficionado (160) Texas Mar 31, 2011 Verified

For those worried about stumbling back to a bed, I saw taxis hanging out across the street from the pub last year when I was out there. I plan on utlizing those more this time.

10. vacax

vacax Advocate (650) California Jun 3, 2008

Seriously avoid the Motel 6 there

11. MacNCheese

MacNCheese Savant (315) California Dec 10, 2011

I stayed up there somewhere near the brewery and it was a total shithole. Boarded up windows...I didn't sleep well knowing I might get raped and stabbed.

12. APreacher

APreacher Savant (330) California Jun 6, 2012 Verified

La Rose/closethread

13. darkyellowsky

I heard nothing but bad things about the Travellodge other than it is really close to the brewery and the cheapest rate I found. I will look into the Best Western tomorow

14. MiScusi

MiScusi Advocate (650) California Feb 12, 2005

By staying so close at something like the Travellodge you are depriving yourself of the awesome stories you will have from doing the .7-.8 mile walk home back through downtown and under the freeway to the Hyatt or Marriott late one night.

15. darkyellowsky

I plan to get to Santa Rosa Thursday night. Sleep. Get up. Check out. Drink lots of Pliny. The. Get on a buss to SF Airptort

16. Askchucky

Askchucky Savant (260) Illinois May 2, 2011

Right now scheduled to be in area Feb 9th, went with the Flamingo.