Dismiss Notice
Subscribe to BeerAdvocate magazine and get 12 issues / year of fresh beer content delivered to your door each month.

Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Heading to Bethany Beach, DE this weekend (4-5,4-7)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by pumpkin1, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Anything good going on? Defiantly going to DFH Brewpub but looking for other suggestions, including good bottle shops!

2. Atlantic Liquors on rt1, about 5 mins from the RB exit, has an insane selection.

pumpkin1 likes this.
  3. Atlantic Liquors was awesome, I definitely recommend hitting it up.

pumpkin1 likes this.
  4. Kalev13

Kalev13 Aficionado (140) Delaware Feb 14, 2013

Atlantic Liquors is the best shop I've been to at the DE beaches. You could stop at State Line in Elkton, MD during your travels. It's probably slightly off of your path (Route 1), but it is easy to get to--right off of I-95.

If you run out of things to do, you could check out the DFH production brewery / HQ in Milton.

pumpkin1 likes this.
  5. geo1267

geo1267 Zealot (75) Pennsylvania Oct 7, 2011

I usually stop at Atlantic Liquors, but there is another liquor store on Route 1 near Crabby Dicks that I stopped at this past weekend based on a recommendation from my father in law. I don't remember the name but I think it something like Discount Liquors or Liquor Outlet. They had a pretty good selection of singles and decent prices.

Also, 16 Mile brewery isn't too far away in Georgetown, DE.

http://16milebrewery.com

6. dhartogs

dhartogs Savant (410) Virginia Apr 29, 2010 Verified

Atlantic is the best by far, but just a little further down Rt. 1 is http://www.outletliquors.net/ not as good, but they will have some different things than they do at Atlantic. Also if you up for a drive through Ocean City to Berlin, Burley Oak is a fun place to visit, but is about 45 minutes or so from Bethany, maybe a little closer.

pumpkin1 likes this.
  7. ROGUE16

ROGUE16 Savant (410) Delaware Jul 16, 2006

If your staying in Bethany go south through OC and over the Rte 50 bridge out to Berlin MD, to Burley Oak. Its only a thirty minute drive this time of year and well worth it. They have really nice beers and the tap room has a cool layed back vibe with good people. They dont have any food but you can order in if you want. Also down that way to make a big loop back to Bethany is Evolution and 3rd Wave (new, dont know much about, in old EVO brewery).

8. dogfishgirl

dogfishgirl Zealot (95) Maryland Feb 24, 2010

Burley Oak and Evolution are definitely worth the trip!

NumberNone, joetouchton and pumpkin1 like this.
  9. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!!! Its girls weekend so I am looking forward to getting away and having some fun. I'm hoping t o get some Evolution beers to take back to PA with me, as well as some DFH stuff! :)

10. cryme

cryme Aficionado (180) Delaware Jun 29, 2011

If you end up in Rehoboth, go to Henlopen City Oyster House. Great food and usually the best/most interesting tap list in town.

northside and pumpkin1 like this.
  11. May I suggest the pickled pig pub for lunch or dinner, get the hog wings, verrry good. Also on route 1 in a little strip mall, good craft selection.

northside, NumberNone and pumpkin1 like this.
  12. joetouchton

joetouchton Savant (260) Delaware Apr 23, 2012 Verified

wooohooo p3 is great

13. dhartogs

dhartogs Savant (410) Virginia Apr 29, 2010 Verified

Love this place, great food, great beer list, and awesome staff. They always have an interesting cask as well.

14. lackenhauser

lackenhauser Champion (760) Maryland Dec 10, 2002 Subscriber

I prefer Cape Wine and Spirits to Atlantic but maybe thats just me. It is just south of the Home Depot in Lewes on Rt 1. If you do head to Salisbury on 50 there is the new Tall Tales Brewing in Parsonsburg. Wood fired pizza and wings among others...can only serve "flites" or tasting sized glasses due to the stupid local laws but also worth checking out for sure. Amazing to go from none to 6 breweries in 30 miles from the 'Bury in 3 years or so.....CHEERS!!!!

15. joetouchton

joetouchton Savant (260) Delaware Apr 23, 2012 Verified

cheers in the burt is good also berlin is amazing stumbled on 2 bottles of 2011 fort threre