1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Heading to Ft. Lauderdale

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by deuce9259, Dec 27, 2012.

1. deuce9259

deuce9259 Savant (310) Ohio Dec 28, 2011

In a few weeks, I will be in Ft. Lauderdale for (1) day before I go on a cruise. I looked around, and it appears that Tap 42 is a good place to check out. Also, the Total Wine shop probably has the best selection...and chance of getting any CCB. Are these assumptions correct? I was wondering what I might expect to see from CCB on the shelf? Also, what might be some other bottles to check out? I'm a big hop head, and the other posts said Bell's and JP...but I can get that pretty regularly. I'm thinking about mailing a box home...so I would like to find some worthwhile goods.

Thanks

2. Lefty1881

Lefty1881 Aficionado (210) Florida Dec 31, 2010

CCB's a plenty at Total Wine. You get Green Flash? Any of their IPAs will do ya right and available at Total Wine.

3. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

Guava Grove, Winter Warmer Warmer Winter, Maduro, Jai Alai, Florida Cracker, Helles Lager should all be plentiful. You may get lucky with some other random CCB big bottles.

4. MADPolo

Should also see some Terrapins brews.

5. Lefty1881

Lefty1881 Aficionado (210) Florida Dec 31, 2010

White Oak IPA has been around. Will probably be at Tap 42 in bottle, you have to ask. Or at least go look in their bottle fridge, as they don't list ALL the bottles on their daily menu.

6. deuce9259

deuce9259 Savant (310) Ohio Dec 28, 2011

Thanks for the heads up on the bottles. We do get Green Flash, and yes Pallet Wrecker and West Coast IPA are both delicious. I've never had anything from Terrapin, so I'll have to check that out. Any suggestions?

7. MADPolo

Terrapin Wake-n-Bake, Moo-Hoo, So Fresh and So Green and Liquid Bliss.