Heading to Scottsdale...

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by WYVYRN527, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WYVYRN527

WYVYRN527 Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2007 Minnesota

My cousin is getting married at the end of March and I'm going to be in Scottsdale from March 21-24. Are there any places nearby or breweries I should visit while I'm there for that short time?

2. LarryAppleton

LarryAppleton Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2012 Canada (QC)

Haha I'll be there the exact same time, to watch some spring training, so I echo your question.

3. mrpicklerelish

mrpicklerelish Initiate (0) Jun 25, 2003 Arizona

San Tan brewery is a must go to place in Chandler. Depending where you are staying in Scottsdale, maybe a 20 min drive. I can throw out a few more options for the Phoenix area later as we have plenty. But San Tan is one of the best at what they do in AZ.

4. AnotherImperial

AnotherImperial Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2012 Arizona

Papago Brewing Company

EyePeeAyBryan and BobLoblaw like this.
  5. superslow

superslow Initiate (0) Jan 17, 2013 Arizona

Four Peaks and Fate are both close

6. yemenmocha

yemenmocha Grand Pooh-Bah (4,092) Jun 18, 2002 Arizona
    Pooh-Bah Society

Here's the BA guide for the Phoenix area:
    http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/city/29

Since you asked about Scottsdale, for Scottsdale I recommend the Four Peaks location that's actually in Scottsdale, or Whole Foods on Mayo, Praying Monk & Brat Haus (one block apart) or Skeptical Chymist which has many craft taps now.

Otherwise I recommend the cluster of good places in Chandler to Tempe area - Whole Foods Chandler, Flanny's, Boulders on Broadway, & Taste of Tops.

WYVYRN527 likes this.
  7. luwak

luwak Initiate (0) Mar 2, 2010 Arizona

Glad you guys are coming to PHX. But please search the forum, It takes only like one minute and I'm sure there are multiple threads on this topic.

If you don't find the info you want please post and i'll do a new write up of places to go in PHX....

8. 4kbrianb

4kbrianb Initiate (0) Jan 2, 2013 California

I am not from the area, but a buddy of mine who lives there recently gave me some places out that way....

Sonoran Brewing Company
    Four Peaks
    Papago Brewery
    Skeptical Chymist
    Fate Brewing Co.
    Sleepy Dog Brewing
    Old World Brewery
    Desert Eagle

Tons of others from what I hear... like 24 in the greater PHX/Tempe/Scottsdale area.

But like Larry mention, he will be out for Spring Training.... so will a lotttt of other people. So be prepared for at least a few extra people in just about every establishment in that valley. All fun times though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.