1. Don't miss our 7th annual American Craft Beer Fest featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers this May 30 & 31 in Boston, MA! Buy your tickets now!
  2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Heading to SLC Utah - anything new/noteworthy

Discussion in 'US - Mountain' started by scray24, Nov 4, 2012.

1. scray24

scray24 Member

Have been there before and am aware of the nuanced restrictions, had good luck picking up some nice stuff from Red Rock and Squatters. Definitely plan on hitting up Epic to see what they've got but was looking to see if locals knew of any other gems that might have just come out or are coming out in the next few weeks (will be there around turkey day).

If there's something from CO front range that you're interested in, shoot me a beer mail and maybe we can work out an IP trade.

Cheers,
    Scott
  2. mikey451

mikey451 Member

RedRock Has their Griswald Holiday Ale out right now, the Secale as well. It's a Rye Bock aged in Rye whiskey barrels. Their barrel aged triple is out in a week or so, if your going to be around then.

There's a limited edition beer called Alta 75 out as well available at the Utah Brewers Cooperative. It's a pale ale.

Wasatch's Winterfest is a great seasonal as well.

Check this site for all of the new local beers.

Http://utahbeer.blogspot.com
  3. Domingo

Domingo Member

Bohemian brewery in Midvale is known for making excellent central European (mainly Czech) beers.
  4. scray24

scray24 Member

thanks guys, I've had the Secale and will definitely go looking for it as well as their BA triple. Thanks for the heads up on the Winterfest I'll give that a try.