1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Heady Topper in AL?

Discussion in 'US - South' started by Jacurdy60, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Jacurdy60

Jacurdy60 Savant (355) Alabama Jan 23, 2013

I'm not an IPA fan, but after all this talk of Heady Topper I see on BA, I really want to try it. Is there any place in Tuscaloosa or Montgomery, AL where I can find it?
  2. sommersb

sommersb Advocate (575) Tennessee May 25, 2010

It's not distributed anywhere in the south, so you'd need to trade for it or make a trip up north.
  3. Only in VT buddy (as of right now).
  4. Hanzo

Hanzo Champion (955) Virginia Feb 27, 2012

You could probably trade for it, but really if you don't like IPAs why would you?
    deadonhisfeet and xxcarpxx like this.
  5. Jacurdy60

I just wanted to see what all the talk is about. It's worth a shot to try "the best beer in the world"
  6. Hanzo

Oh it's a fantastic beer, I was just thinking if I didn't like a certain type of food I wouldn't go out of my way to find the best version of whatever food. But good luck on your quest, I am not sure what beers you have access to to trade but Heady isn't all that difficult to obtain.
    johnking82 likes this.
  7. There are hundreds of best beers in the world...just get in the car and drive up to Waterbury.
  8. Hanzo

20 hour drive for some Heady? Dedication....I like it.
  9. harperman69

harperman69 Savant (355) Tennessee Feb 11, 2009

I liked it enough to consider it. Plus Lawson's and HF and skiing around the area? Great vacation IMO.
  10. My inlaws skihouse is 10 minutes from the Alchemist and I hate skiing...so that's what I did all vacation.
  11. harperman69

harperman69 Savant (355) Tennessee Feb 11, 2009

Marathons but no skiing? Seems like that would be right up your alley. I'm guessing it's because you can't do it in a speedo.
  12. You can do anything if you set your mind to it.
  13. my mom hates IPAs and she enjoyed Heady...I bought some from a guy in New York once...but you won't find it anywhere around here...tell me if you drive to Vermont though and I'll give you some cash to get me a case ;)
  14. Trade for some Saint Arnold Endeavour?
  15. Jacurdy60

I'll let you know if I can find some