1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

He'Brew Jewbelation Sweet 16 Ohio Version vs. Regular

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by dbc5, Dec 3, 2012.

1. miketd

miketd Savant (485) Ohio Mar 2, 2006

I also trade beer and that gets a lot of attention on these type of forums, even though it is not lawful. Difference is that I accept responsibility if given a speeding ticket or get my beer confiscated.

I'm done arguing semantics... at least until the next time this comes up.

Peace.
  2. alelover

alelover Advocate (585) Michigan Aug 19, 2012

im just saying.. the law should be followed until changed..

as long as there is no censorship, im good. if you want to say it..be the one. fine by me.
  3. miketd

miketd Savant (485) Ohio Mar 2, 2006

My point was that they can break the law, as I do at times, but if they get caught it's not the fault of people on the internet pointing it out. It is the brewery's responsibility to follow state laws so their business does not suffer consequences, theirs alone.
  4. beesy

beesy Savant (350) Ohio Jul 21, 2010

Same here - woke up the next morning feeling a little rough ;)
  5. There is some trickery afoot.
  6. ThickNStout

ThickNStout Savant (495) Georgia Mar 8, 2011

Wow. Some of you guys can get mighty worked up here. Anyways...

To echo what a couple other folks have said:
    I live in Georgia and last night enjoyed a bottled marked as 11.8%. It was great. Mighty boozy, but I like where it's going and plan to buy a few more bottles to enjoy in a couples years after it has settled a bit.

To to the OP- I haven't had a bottle marked 16% but I believe that what you CAN get in Ohio is good enough that personally I wouldn't bother with the time/expense of trading for a different bottle.

Cheers all!
  7. baconman91

baconman91 Savant (495) Ohio Dec 13, 2009

..Just in - I got to try the 16%er (in Ohio). Someone came to visit me from Col., "owed" me some beers in a Super Bowl loss a cpl yrs back ( Go Pack Go!!! ). Haa Haaa

- it's a Beast by far..pretty Complex, Very complex! Not too bad, BUT the High ABV is Definite..Holy Moses! - may almost be a little Un-nec. -it (is) a bit Overbearing. Almost like somebody dumped a Capful of Rubbing Alcohol in it, when you weren't looking. I like my Stiff ones by all means, even think Dogfish's 18% 120min. is bttr (though an Obvious diff cat.)..orig. 22% also. The Jewbelation 16 isn't bad, but (I) wldn/t buy it again, not sure I even wanna try the lower Version if I see it, now either. - - It's worthy of a try, if you see it though.
  8. Holy punctuation batman!
    afrokaze likes this.
  9. RockAZ

RockAZ Savant (295) Arizona Jan 6, 2009

My 2cents - Sweet 16 tastes like pure maple syrup blended with Everclear, not necessarily a bad thing. Perhaps the brewery just blended some water to bring the %ABV down for those markets needing it? The flavor is so thick I think it could hold up to a taste test between the two levels, although you cannot completely disguise the mule-kick the 16%'er gives.
  10. <<<outlaw beer drinker says,"f%&k the man and bring me everything you can!" cut off here in nc is 15% label clearly says 16% i dont care if they sent a different label or watered down the product they sent to get tested. just bring it, i wish more breweries would sneak the higher abv stuff in.
  11. I had this on tap yesterday here in MA, and I assume is was the bigger of the two beers. It wasn't as hot as I thought it might be, but noticeably boozy when it warmed. I liked it, but it kicked my ass.

Funny story-they sold me a full pint of the stuff for $6.00. Yikes.