1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Heineken changes its bottle

Discussion in 'Beer News' started by CircusBoy, Sep 20, 2012.

1. drtth

drtth Champion (830) Pennsylvania Nov 25, 2007

Understood. I was reinforcing your point that "everything else" is the olfactory part. That part is so strong that under carefully controlled testing we can be fooled by a wrong aroma into thinking we are eating or drinking smething we are smelling rather than what we are actually consuming.
  2. Ohhhh. It would appear that I was actually the one who misunderstood your meaning. Sorry about that.

3. I think that's the Heineken taste profile. I really dislike Heineken a lot. I'd rather drink a BMC light beer. Inoffensive nothingness is better than a beer with a tiny bit of flavor that's terrible in my book.
    jtmartino likes this.
  4. Terrible beer. Give me an American styled macro lager over any Euro pale lager every day of the week.
  5. theallen

theallen Aspirant (30) Maryland Mar 27, 2013

The smaller bottle was one of the factors that sepertated heineken from other imports, I've been drinking heinys for years and I think the bottle change will come back to slap them in the face! Makes heineken look like a cheap budweiser, least it's not a becks saphire P.S. NEVER BUY BECKS SAPHIRE (my spelling sucks sorry) thanks for reading
  6. Thecherryman

Thecherryman Initiate (0) Arizona Dec 8, 2010

heinekin blows, simple as that.

drink local!
    RobertColianni likes this.
  7. Not me. I'd rather taste nothing then taste skunk......and for half the price.
  8. You have poor taste.
    RobertColianni likes this.
  9. MaxOhle

MaxOhle Savant (345) Illinois Nov 10, 2012

10. heineken on tap in amsterdam when youre so high you forget youre in amsterdam drinking heineken on tap is good
  11. I was once high as fuck in Amsterdam and I recall drinking a Heineken Pilsner that was actually ok (for the time being). But then again, I was high as fuck.
    bbfc and RobertColianni like this.
  12. pghlee

pghlee Savant (255) Georgia Feb 24, 2006

According to my buddy who runs a strip club in Atlanta......

"People who used to buy Heineken are now drinking Bud Light Platinum because the blue bottle stands out more than the green bottle." Sounds ridiculous but most people just don't care whats in the bottle if they "look good" drinking it.
    Spikester and Haydn-Juby like this.
  13. It's only solid when you leave it in the freezer too long. But, whatever it takes to improve it...
    Haydn-Juby likes this.
  14. BLACKENEDPLAGUE

BLACKENEDPLAGUE Savant (345) Ohio Apr 10, 2013

People who say Heineken is better than Budweiser is just jumping on the hate-'murica train. They both are barely adequate enough to be called average. Hell I would take a canadian Guinness over either, and that is pretty degrading.