1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Help! Beer legistation in Texas is being hijacked by one corrupt Senator. Please read this article!

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by ExperimentalAles, Mar 7, 2013.

1. fredmugs

fredmugs Poobah (1,055) Indiana Aug 11, 2012

Texas makes me laugh.

flayedandskinned likes this.
  2. So it guess that that PIECE OF SHIT ASSHAT JOHN CARONA has bought himself into a distributer.... Or better yet was bought by a distributer! One week? I hope they shoot it down with a nice FUCK YOU ARROGANT SELF INTERESTED PRICK stamp

ExperimentalAles likes this.
  3. MC6

MC6 Aficionado (150) Illinois Dec 12, 2008

anybody else think it's funny that his name is Carona?

4. plutoniumpete

plutoniumpete Savant (300) Ohio Oct 21, 2008

Seriously, just reading that makes me want to punch that guy in the face. With a keg.

5. gopens44

gopens44 Champion (750) Virginia Aug 9, 2010

What the hell? Attorney General had better check this out and right quick. Such measured and unprovoked ideas screams of impropriety.

6. Well, I posted this to Beer Talk but they moved it here. Pretty disappointing.

7. UHCougar12

UHCougar12 Advocate (520) Texas Feb 21, 2011

^^I was wondering why there were so many non-texas BAs replying haha

8. Ford

Ford Advocate (510) Texas Sep 8, 2012

Well that is dumb.. shouldn't beer talk cover talk of beer laws.... bad move BA.

9. Chuk_Hell

Chuk_Hell Savant (255) Texas Apr 12, 2012

I posted both of those links to my twitter feed. That's some fucked up shit.

10. I just called and talked to Angie who works for Senator Corona, she listened and understood what I was saying. I would recommend all of you call her as well and express your dissatisfaction with what is happening here. Her number of 512-463-0365.

lsiberian, Clonies720 and Chuk_Hell like this.
  11. No1Smitty

No1Smitty Savant (395) California Nov 7, 2011

Sigh! I stopped frequenting my gun forums the last 3 months because of all the bullshit going on in corrupt politics. Now they are coming after my beer ? FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS !!!!

Walt, Clonies720 and ExperimentalAles like this.
  12. Clonies720

Clonies720 Initiate (0) Texas Oct 24, 2012

FROM MY COLD DEAD HAMS!!!

Thanks. Will call tomorrow during work.

No1Smitty likes this.
  13. icetrauma

icetrauma Savant (495) Texas Sep 7, 2004

Anything from Texas appears to be magically moved. JK's Coolship wasn't beer news enough to have it's own thread in the Beer News subforum.

14. Azzy

Azzy Savant (300) Texas Jul 16, 2012

What's good for Texas is good for the rest of ya'll. Instead of helping us they putting us down! Tisk

ExperimentalAles and icetrauma like this.
  15. If you drink beer - craft or fizzy yellow - you should be calling Senator Carona right now.

What you call him is up to you.

16. BeanBone

BeanBone Savant (445) Texas Oct 12, 2006

You're worried about what someone from Indiana thinks? ;)

17. 13DegN

13DegN Aficionado (150) Texas Mar 25, 2012

I observed the hearing(s) and SB639 sure looks to have little chance, as it is written. It's an ugly place holder as is, but passing the Senate? Don't see it, but do call/write your reps and voice your view. Polite but firm works best. The good news, to me(so far), is that it is a separate bill and not part of SB515-18. SB639 is in a way a favor (huh?) to craft beer fans. Better to be separate and attempt to stand on its own merits, or lack thereof, than to attach to good bills.

What was unclear to me since I'm no legislative guru, is if the statement by Corona (below) on "this legislation" applied to SB639 only, since it was the specific topic at that moment, or to all related beer bills covered up to then. I hope it means SB639 only. The alternative would seem unjust. Anyone know?

"I want a deal one way or the other by 5 p.m. next Monday. So all of you need to understand that's the deadline and if you don't meet that deadline, I'm pushing this legislation to the very end of the session. So you've got a week to work on it."

18. JCDenver

JCDenver Savant (280) Texas Feb 8, 2010

He means all of it, and it is indeed unjust.

19. Ford

Ford Advocate (510) Texas Sep 8, 2012

I bet Angie is enjoying all these guys calling her to talk about beer this week...:D