1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Help for an IA BA

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by mattafett, Jan 28, 2013.

1. mattafett

mattafett Savant (465) Iowa Mar 9, 2009

Hello!
    My mom was recently transferred to Sacred Heart Medical Center in Springfield ORE. I was wondering if there were some good bottle shops for her to stop by in that area. Also, what is the restaurant scene like there? She loooves Italian, but will eat most anything. She will have a car, and isn't to terrible at directions.

Thanks!!!
    Matt
  2. NWer

NWer Advocate (660) Washington Mar 10, 2009

Does she drink beer? I enjoyed Hop Valley Brewing Co across street from Marriott Courtyard.
  3. mattafett

No, she's actually allergic. She enjoys some wine, and loves a good margarita.
  4. ramnuts

ramnuts Aficionado (235) Oregon Feb 16, 2009

Brother Matt, PM me. I can give you the hookup, end 0)))
  5. mattafett

Will do!
    I should add she is out there for work. She's in the health care field, her job is hard to describe though.
  6. guajolote

guajolote Savant (405) Oregon Sep 12, 2008

I don't know what, if anything, there is in Springfield bottle-wise, but Eugene has a few good/great spots. The Bier Stien and 16 Tons are the two best bottle shops in Eugene. There are also several Market of Choice stores in Eugene, all of which should have a pretty solid selection.
  7. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Advocate (615) Oregon Mar 2, 2008

Can we clarify this as your mom is working in Springfield and not 'my mom is sick, but since she's out there, maybe she can pick up some bottles for me'?
    WhiteJordan, HopHead84 and KiMiRaiK like this.
  8. mattafett

Sorry I wasn't clear. She is working out there for several weeks to possibly months. I would like her to pick up some stuff for me. I would also, (and more importantly) like to know what the food scene is for her, as she will be eating out most nights.