1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Help me find some berserker, please!

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by KingHenry, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Hello everyone.

I'm from half way around the world but have a friend that lives in Anchorage Alaska. I was just wondering if any AK BA's could help me suggest to him where he might be able to find a couple bottles of Midnight Sun berserker.

He has looked but haven't heard anything back yet. Not sure how fast this stuff goes but figured I would reach out and get some information to assist or call off the hunt.

Thanks in advance,
    Cheers
    Nick.
  2. JohnnyP3

JohnnyP3 Savant (330) Alaska Dec 13, 2009

It was available a few weeks ago, but the last couple weeks, I have not seen it anywhere. Just this last week I was at La Bodega and the Brown Jug Warehouse on Old Seward and there was none to be found. There are a couple more places I plan to look, but I'm not optimistic. If anything changes, I'll let you know.
  3. unclekeith

unclekeith Savant (355) Alaska Sep 4, 2012

Saw it at the Midnight Sun Loft / Brewery in bottles on Friday. Also saw it at the Brown Jug next to REI this weekend.
  4. bennyhaha

bennyhaha Aficionado (120) India Aug 31, 2005

Have your friend check at the actual brewery. If they don't have it they may be able to point your friend in the right direction.
  5. Reidrover

Reidrover Advocate (640) Oregon Jan 14, 2003

It is here in Salem Oregon but im not a trader
  6. You've jacked beertunes' avatar BTW.
    Kopfschuss likes this.
  7. BrewBoone

BrewBoone Aficionado (165) Alaska Jun 29, 2008

Pretty sure still at the brewery. Last I saw there was over 15 cases there
  8. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to review everyone on beer advocates profile next time I make an avatar.
    smutty33, black13 and cavedave like this.
  9. draheim

draheim Poobah (1,025) Washington Sep 18, 2010

beertunes changed his avatar a while back; not sure but I think it was a peaceful handover.
    Now stay the eff away from my yin-yang.
    OP, QFC in U Village Seattle had a single bottle late last week. I got the second to last.
    barleywinefiend likes this.
  10. That's right. Sorry, OP.
  11. Thanks guys. Have sent out word to check the brewery. Well see what happens
  12. I hope you got your bottles. I just came back from the brewery. I bought the 6 bottle limit. I was told there is only a case and a half remaining. There was someone else asking about Berserker before I walked out the door. You better hurry. I have also seen bootles of it at The Bodega, also in Anchorage.I'm not sure where else it is sold. Good luck.
  13. NWer

NWer Advocate (660) Washington Mar 10, 2009

So, how did you do? Were you successful?
  14. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (760) Washington May 12, 2005

Wish someone would help me find this in Seattle :(
  15. honkduh

honkduh Savant (315) Oregon Jun 2, 2011

super deli had some a few days ago. Give them a call.
  16. No word back yet. Communication is through my girlfriend, he is 'technically' her friend. Kinda just wait and see at this point.