1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Help please (Cascade)

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by beertunes, Jan 31, 2013.

1. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 24, 2007

So, I had brew earlier this afternoon called Cascade Black & White Coffee Sour. It's not listed here, and Cascades website is less than zero help. I'd like a bit more info before I add it. Anybody help a brother out?
  2. beercentrist

beercentrist Aspirant (45) Oregon Apr 7, 2011

Oblique B/W Coffee Stout
    Lordkrystic likes this.
  3. dirtylou

dirtylou Champion (760) Washington May 12, 2005

Was it good? I see its on tap at the red hot where i am heading shortly....
  4. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (265) Washington Jul 18, 2012

I liked it. Tried it earlier today. How was your trip to the Red Hot?
  5. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

It was a coffee sour beer?

I just had their Black and White Stout and it was.... strange.
  6. Lordkrystic

Is was a coffee blonde. Was trippy.
  7. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Yeah the one I had was a nice clear golden color but smelled like a stout and had some stoutish qualities in the taste before the pale malt character kicked in. I can't say I liked it but it was interesting.
  8. dirtylou

1st time actually. Live in Seattle, but have work obligations in Tacoma that are pretty heavy this time of year. Got the last seat at the bar - cool spot.
  9. dirtylou

Yes. Extremely interesting beer. Have never had anything posing as a blonde that just kicks you in the head with coffee. Definitely worth trying.
  10. Lordkrystic

Let me know you're coming next time, ill stick around after work and knck back a couple with ya.
  11. beertunes

With the caveat that I don't like coffee, it was, uh, interesting. It was fun to try a coffee beer that wasn't a stout or porter, but the coffee was so intense, that I couldn't taste any beer in it. It had plenty of coffee bitterness, but I didn't get any sour at all.
  12. Kopfschuss

Kopfschuss Advocate (530) Oregon Aug 19, 2009

This beer uses Oblique's Landauer Coffee beans. I preferred the coffee blonde that used Oblique's Harrar beans instead. This is the third beer that Cascade has used beans from this roaster in case anyone was wondering.
  13. Cascade black and white coffee stout. Not sour, stout. You try it at Elizabeth station?
  14. beertunes

Yes. They had it labeled as a sour stout, but things get mislabeled sometimes. Did you get out to NF for some Spotted Owl?
  15. No. Bummed. Was running short on time. Sounds like good stuff though.
    beertunes likes this.
  16. beertunes

I was at a tasting earlier this week, and Eric, the brewer at NF, was there too. He said that it's not moving fast, probably because of the $20 price. It should be there a while, if you get the chance.
  17. Good to know. Thanks!