1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Helping a fellow ba across the pond.

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by nicks6217, Nov 23, 2012.

1. nicks6217

nicks6217 Savant (395) California Jan 15, 2010

Hey fellas,

My mother in law will be in Durham/new castle around december 4th and I would like any advice on bottle shops where see can find me either courage ris and or Old Chimneys Good King Henry Special Reserve. Pardon my ignorance as I'm not to sure on there availability but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

2. Never seen either of those beers in any bottle shop or webshop :)

3. nicks6217

Ahhh damn. Thanks

4. Someone might be able to get hold of some though.

5. nicks6217

Good idea, if anyone one in the.durham/newcastle area can meet up please contact me

6. I think you'll find Courage RIS is for the US export market - you have a much better chance getting that off a BA in the US than over here !!!

Good King Henry has very limited distribution - I only know Durham/Newcastle for pubs, not bottle shops but if a simple google search doesn't yield anything obvious in terms of good bottle shops (and a lot of good bottle shops don't tend to stock GKH!) then I think you'll be out of luck.

7. Havent seen Courage RIS in twenty years sadly and Good King Henry is not available in the NE area im afraid, if it was i'd have it myself. There is a wine shop within Fenwicks dept store in Newcastle with a range of beers, not an outstanding range but better than your average dept store. Sainsburys in the basement of Eldon Square shopping centre in Newcastle carrys some local beers including Durham Brews.
    North of the town centre near Gosforth is the gem that is Coppers 8 til 8 which carries an ever expanding range of beers both rare and common from all over the world. http://www.ales4you.co.uk/ you could twitter the owner to see if he has access, if anyone round here does it'll be him http://twitter.com/#!/Coppers8till8. Good luck.