1. The BeerAdvocate Store is back! Pre-order your stuff now. Items begin shipping Dec 15. Christmas deadline = Dec 18 @ 5pm EST.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Highway 78 BA Scotch Ale

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Heissman, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Heissman

Heissman Zealot (80) Georgia Dec 22, 2011

I was wondering what the different blends on the BA Highway 78 Scotch Ales were trading for.

2. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

Is that bottled? Do want........

3. It's funny how there has never been much interest shown for these beers in the trading forums. Except for the first one (coconut macadamian porter, which was actually an amazing beer) no one has ever seemed to give a shit.

This one sounds pretty damn tasty and it's nice how they've lowered the price to a more reasonable level.

4. That's what happens when they show up at BevMo (no joke).

5. From Stone Company Store's FB. I think only sold at the Stone's Company Stores.

QUINGENTI MILLILITRE series:

1.) Green Flash / Pizza Port Carlsbad / Stone Highway 78 Scotch Ale Chuck / Jeff/ Mitch Blend Aged in Scotch Whisky Barrels.
    CELLAR NOTES:
    Chuck, Jeff, and Mitch carefully selected 25 of 75 barrels used to age this beer with the goal of blending in a little bit of everything the barrels had to offer. Some produced bitter oaky tones, while others contributed sweet vanilla and maple flavors or earthy smokiness. The result is a complex beer with a perfect harmony of rich flavors.

2.) Green Flash / Pizza Port Carlsbad / Stone Highway 78 Scotch Ale Wagner Blend Aged in Scotch Whisky Barrels.
    CELLAR NOTES:
    Stone President/Senior Brewmaster Steve Wagner loves Scotch whisky with strong peat smoke flavors. He selected Islay Scotch whisky barrels for their robust smoke and brine character, and Highland and Lowland Scotch barrels to round out the blend with vanilla and caramel tones for an intensely complex and malty beer.

Bottles will be available for $18.00 + Tax/CRV.

6. There was a crapload of hype surrounding the release of the Stone QM BBA 2010 RIS...for about five minutes until it turned out that every single freakin' bottle was infected.

Eriktheipaman likes this.
  7. When I was back in SD over New Years I saw a couple stores with bottles of BA 11/11. I passed due to being on a budget and not really caring for that beer in general. I also scored some BA Old Guardian but traded it for stuff I thought I would enjoy more.

The Islay BA one sound good though. Although again another base beer I didn't care much for.

I'm glad my post was very pertinent to your question. Damn inebriating liquids.

8. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

FWIW... BA 11.11.11 was amazing. Big improvement over the original beer.

Eriktheipaman likes this.