1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hill Farmstead Bottle releases

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by mobius387, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfrances33

cfrances33 Champion (750) Illinois Jun 12, 2012

Shaun said on twitter (and maybe this thread, too) that all the S&S will be brewed again! :) Trust me, I'm as happy about this as you are haha.

lovindahops and BeerBum like this.
  2. Wow, for real? This would bring joy to my eyes. SS 4 and 5 are two of the top 5 beers I've ever had. I hope this is the case.

cfrances33 likes this.
  3. cfrances33

https://twitter.com/HillFarmstead/status/273617421292691456

I never got to try 1,2, or 4 so I'm definitely excited to have the chance in the future! I agree with your sentiments about 5, it was in my top 3 ever.

4. grassrootsVT

grassrootsVT Initiate (0) Vermont May 10, 2005

It will be brewed again. Definitely. However, it may not be until the spring... waiting on the fresh Cascade hops to recreate Society and Solitude #1.

5. If I haven't said so before, thank you. Thank you. A journey back through the S&S series would not be the worst thing.

grassrootsVT and cfrances33 like this.
  6. pjl44

pjl44 Initiate (0) Massachusetts Oct 3, 2008

You said it. #2 is the best Black IPA I've had.

Number45forever likes this.
  7. jamvt

jamvt Savant (490) Massachusetts Aug 5, 2005

this.

8. benz08

benz08 Savant (355) New Jersey Nov 9, 2008

Alright re-arranged our vacation for the 14th and 15th so we can get some BoT and the huge amount of Lawson's at the farmers market. And although Sean Lawson said don't all show up at 9:45, we kinda have to because we need to be back in NJ before 5 that day. But damn 6 per person of all those beers is a significant improvement over 4 bottles total that the stores allow.

9. S and S 3 was fan-Fingtastic. Would love to have another go with that...

10. grassrootsVT

I guess it might make sense to try and brew 30bbls of each release instead of just 15... not easy. But we'll discuss...

Kuemmelbrau and DrinkingIPA like this.
  11. This guy needs more Jimmy.

12. grassrootsVT

I still have some bottles held back and they will be seeing shelf time leading up to the holidays...

BeerBum likes this.
  13. cfrances33

Hold on to some of these special re-releases for the weekend immediately following the New Year! ;)

14. BeerBum

BeerBum Aficionado (235) California Nov 13, 2012

You would make so many folks giddy with joy. But you already do that anyway! Please let this happen!!

15. makdeco

makdeco Savant (305) Illinois Jan 31, 2007

or for when I come in Feb :)

franklinn likes this.
  16. Anyone from the Montpellier area heading this weekend? Willing to throw some good beer to anyone willing to help me out with a few bottles.

17. Moc513

Moc513 Savant (305) New York May 24, 2012

I did the same thing...

18. Hill Farmstead special releases will be stuffing the stockings of many near and dear to me this holiday season!
    Can't wait to head up the 13th, will have my lady bake some cookies for Phil and Karrie.

19. Franch

Franch Advocate (540) New York Mar 22, 2011

from the FB page re: third anniversary

New This Year: Connoisseur Session. In lieu of a VIP event, we will be hosting a connoisseur session prior to the opening of the general admission gates at each of our events. Connoisseur session will run from 12pm to 1:30pm. There will be approximately 150 of these tickets available to the public. The connoisseur session will feature all inclusive samples (between 2 and 4oz) of 6 draft lines of our limited release beers (Flora, Damon, Birth of Tragedy, Art, Civil Disobedience, etc.). When the main gates open, these beers will then rotate through beneath the specialty tent... while Edward, Abner, Arthur and so forth will be tapped for the masses.

ISO connoisseur ticket

sandman3479, BeerBum and MarkF150 like this.
  20. jomobono

jomobono Savant (400) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2012

I like that A LOT better then the Friday VIP event, instead of 2 nights of camping just one!

Trevdawg likes this.
  21. anyone have guesses/info on the number of bottles for BoT... I see there's a 4 per person limit, so I'm assuming there's at least twice as much as Juicy. I'd prefer not to have to skip final exams to make it up next week, but I'll do what I must...

BeerBum likes this.
  22. BeerBum

BeerBum Aficionado (235) California Nov 13, 2012

But camping is great fun!

23. jomobono

BeerBum likes this.
  24. grassrootsVT

You will be fine. Lots of bottles.

placetree and Psychmusic like this.
  25. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

I love camping, so I'm in the opposite boat. I LOVED the VIP night. Obviously, though, this configuration will be less work for the HF crew (and they work plenty hard enough) and will work out better for folks who are traveling far for the event.

However, if they bring back a full night of standing in line and drinking amazing beers with amazing people, I'll be the first one to sign up!

makdeco, grassrootsVT and cfrances33 like this.
  26. makdeco

makdeco Savant (305) Illinois Jan 31, 2007

Hit the nail on the head...

I enjoyed the one day fest in August and was able to enjoy the evening before in waterbury after making he 1000 mile drive...

27. live music, amazing taplist and (eventually) fresh seafood. The bottle share :D.
    yea, you don't even need to ask if I'd do it again.

franklinn and cfrances33 like this.
  28. jomobono

Thats what I did for the Harvest Fest, had a great night at the Three Penny Friday and enjoyed the fest the next day and camped. This way I feel like I get the best of both worlds plus easier on the staff.

I have a bad back so two nights of camping isn't super great for me. I should just buy that land near the brewery and build a drinking lodge.

29. Count me in on drinking lodge. I am sure we could find some other people to kick in for it.

jomobono and BeerBum like this.
  30. Shaun's twitter just said he's brewing Life without Principle #2, an American Blonde with Meyer Lemons.

I missed Life Without Priciple #1, I will not be missing this one. Sounds awesome and sounds sessionable. Beautiful.

cfrances33, Dat and MarkF150 like this.
  31. mobius387

mobius387 Savant (385) Florida Dec 5, 2010

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone at HF for a great visit to the brewery. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Definitely exceeded this Wisconsin boy's expectations. What a gem of a brewery to have in your home state, you Vermonters are very lucky!

Keep doing what you're doing HF, and if you ever get to the point where you start distributing, Wisconsin is a great state to sell beer!! ;)

32. I heard '11 BoT saw brief shelf time last week. Anyone else seen surprises last week or today?

33. most things that had a decent sized bottle count this year...

34. dunix

dunix Savant (460) Vermont Jan 26, 2011

2011? I don't remember BoT being bottled in 2011, but I drink a lot, so....

35. It 'twas indeed. Sold at the Thanks Given release in Nov of 2011 (along with Daybreak and CD #3).

36. dunix

dunix Savant (460) Vermont Jan 26, 2011

Ah, ok. Wasn't able to get to that release.

37. zgunder

zgunder Aficionado (205) Vermont Sep 20, 2010

no surprises today.

38. shuajw

shuajw Savant (495) Georgia Aug 12, 2007

Just curious, how much did the bottles of Juicy sell for?

39. That was the only release of BoT until the current one.

40. 1.3 KHU's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.