1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hill Farmstead getting rid of growler fills for Ephrahim

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by standardcherry, Jul 12, 2012.

1. You want to compare a harmless skunked beer to a spoiled steak that could make you vomit for three days?

See what I did there?
  2. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Hahahah, nice deflection......I see exactly what you did there.

Maybe someday we can have a beer and arm-wrestle it out ;)
  3. I can only imagine the amount of pointless arguments that would take place. Im totally in.
    grassrootsVT likes this.
  4. evilc

evilc Initiate (0) California Jan 27, 2012

I call 2nds.
  5. Pahn

Pahn Advocate (695) New York Dec 2, 2009

no, i'm not being judgmental.

in the rest of the thread, though, you're acting butthurt about actions of a brewer that have nothing to do with you. ...then amusingly throwing around words like "diva."

"guys, i DO NOT like those things that guy in VT said to the people who buy his beer. it is NOT right! why is he SO SERIOUS ABOUT IT? i would NOT do that if I were in charge! listen to me, everyone!"

maybe you should have lurked and read posts a bit longer before joining in yourself.
    grassrootsVT likes this.
  6. Only if it goes down like this!
  7. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (265) Washington Jul 18, 2012

Hah. Butthurt? Not even close.
    evilc likes this.
  8. Lordkrystic

Lordkrystic Savant (265) Washington Jul 18, 2012

I shouldn't have posted anything, you are correct there. Too many beers at the Rainiers game though and I suffered from poor judgement.
  9. Patrick

Patrick Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 13, 2007

Mordor, get your clay suit ready cuz next time you drink beer outside there might be someone with a wood chipper and a pile of rocks. ;)
    DavoleBomb likes this.
  10. MordorMongo

Here is where I would say "Careful man, there is a beverage here.", right? ;)
  11. jaasen64

jaasen64 Savant (450) Massachusetts Jan 15, 2012

Did anyone check out HF's website lately? ;)
  12. haha, fantastic. Limit of 1 750 per person at the Harvest fest. What will be interesting is if Ephraim is available with a similar restriction once the Harvest Fest has come and gone... Or, is it only going to be available in growlers at the Harvest Fest?
  13. I thought this thread finally died.
  14. Rempo

Rempo Initiate (0) Indiana Jan 18, 2010

Only since this thread got bumped...

How do you double the value of a Yugo?

Put gas a BCBVS in it.
  15. nc41

nc41 Advocate (600) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Kinda settles it for ba's who think 6 month old ipa's are no big deal. Here's a great brewer saying otherwise , and Ephraim is phenomenal. I don't see beer on eBay.
  16. stupac2

stupac2 Initiate (0) California Feb 22, 2011

If the border around Pliny labels saying "DRINK THIS BEER FRESH" 40 different ways didn't convince people, nothing will.
    jrnyc likes this.
  17. nc41

nc41 Advocate (600) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

There's several ipa's I've tried and thought they sucked, fresh these brews were great . Ephraim is a big beer with age I'd guess it to taste like old Maharaja which isn't a good thing. I can see why HF is doing this, hopefully they will bottle this one.
  18. MssrTussaud

MssrTussaud Initiate (0) California Apr 17, 2013

Doing... what? You bumped a year-old thread. I've seen Ephraim growlers FT recently, so he changed his policy.
    claaark13 and domtronzero like this.
  19. He does let you get growlers of Ephraim now. Last fall it was limit 1 750 now I believe it's 750 only but however many. Just don't do something dumb like save it.
  20. vonnegut21

vonnegut21 Advocate (545) New York Apr 27, 2012

Yeah I'm not sure why this thread got bumped... nothing has changed on this front in some time. That whole thing was a reaction to people selling stuff on ebay and concerns over freshness. I don't think they ever actually fully stopped growlers of it. Ephraim is available for fills when it's around, 750ml only.

They're not going to bottle it. That would just result in people holding them longer and trading them even more.
  21. BUNZILLA

BUNZILLA Advocate (615) Indiana Jan 14, 2011

This man is correct :) +1000
  22. claaark13

claaark13 Advocate (635) Indiana Nov 29, 2007

Threads that haven't had a post in 281 days should be frozen.
  23. They permitted up to 4 750mL fills of Ephraim when we were up there for the anniversary event.
  24. MordorMongo

For each trip through line ? SO, you got what....56?

My math may be off, apologies if it wasn't 19 trips through the line!
    WagonCircler and franklinn like this.
  25. MikeTen

MikeTen Initiate (0) California Apr 3, 2009

Leave Backpatter McGee alone!!!!
    stupac2 and Retail1LO like this.

26. I finally put Scott on "mute." He's now free to lay into me as often as he'd like. :p
  27. MordorMongo

Excellent to hear, it will not dissuade me in the least. It was a genuine question, since you admittedly made multiple trips I was curious how they handled the limit.

Oh, and interesting of all your fans you decide to mute only me. Guess the truth cuts too deeply into your yeti hide.
    WagonCircler, claaark13 and jrnyc like this.
  28. franklinn

franklinn Savant (440) Vermont May 29, 2012

Fans of Hayden.....LOL

sorry, that made me chuckle. Carry on, folks.
    Johnnyramirez and MordorMongo like this.