1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hill Farmstead's 3rd Anniversary--Your favorite experience?

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by rondufresne, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Saw on the Hill Farmstead facebook page that yesterday was the 3rd anniversary of their first beer brewed (Edward, naturally). In the past 3 years, Shaun and crew have definitely made an impact on the beer community. For me, my personal Hill Farmstead highlights include my first visit to the brewery on a quiet summer day in 2011, sharing bottles and growlers with friends, and contributing to 500 pounds of food collected for the local food shelf at their saison festival.

What has been your favorite Hill Farmstead experience?

2. Fantastic thread....

However, I cannot limit it to just 1 visit. Everytime I go its a unique experience that puts life in perspective for me.
    There is something about rocking out to 8 hours of your favorite music in pursuit of some of the world's best beer and to be met by genuinely great people at the destination.

In short, my favorite Hill Farmstead experience... The turn onto Taylor Rd.

3. amp138

amp138 Savant (295) Rhode Island Dec 21, 2011

Jafflin Flats Gang All Day

ILOVESTOUTS likes this.
  4. Pre-brewery, Memorial Day weekend out in the field with Amadus, the local death metal band playing while a 40-foot bonfire got fired up as kegs of Cantillon, Norrebro, et al. were tapped and bottles shared all night long. Someone local shared some BBQ'ed raccoon with us - his Cajun recipe. Surprised I can recall any of it, actually.

5. The first Fall Festival when Anders was pouring Holger Danske all event long, Shaun could actually enjoy the fest and 05Harley even had himself convinced that he had been helicoptered to HF. A line for a pour consisted of two other people.

6. polishkaz

polishkaz Savant (455) Connecticut May 30, 2011

The Thursday before the Ann release where my dad and 4 of my closest friends hung out for a sampling, head brewer from Freitgest Bierkultur was there, Sean poured us some Surly Hell to try and we talked beer and eBay sales for a good half hour. Being at Hill Farmstead on a perfect summer day can't be beat, although drinking BoT by a space heater in December was pretty awesome too.

grassrootsVT likes this.
  7. Kinsman

Kinsman Advocate (600) California Aug 26, 2009

My first sip of Abner