1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hints and Hauls: Noobie McNooberson Round 2 Biglobo Noob BIF

Discussion in 'Beer It Forward' started by biglobo8971, Dec 5, 2012.

1. New to hinting so bare with me.

My target will get at least 50%+ wants and one off 'local only' release
  2. stevec32

stevec32 Savant (355) New York Mar 26, 2012

After looking at the wants/gots of a bunch of the participants in this BIF prior to the targets being assigned I noticed that some were pretty empty and could use updateing.

Hint - My target is one of those BA's
  3. Wiscobrew

Wiscobrew Aficionado (210) Nevada Feb 19, 2011

I'll certainly be able to hit a solid want of my target and throw a few curve balls that should make anyone happy.
  4. smonice

smonice Initiate (0) New Jersey Aug 10, 2012

I will be sending at least 4 of my targets wants!
  5. smonice

Correction: I "got" at least 4 of my targets "wants".
  6. UPDATE YOUR WANTS PEOPLE!!!! If not, use this thread to give favorite styles/least favorite, help Santa's elves out.
  7. Wiscobrew

Wiscobrew Aficionado (210) Nevada Feb 19, 2011

Updated a good chunk of my want last night.

I am into barleywines and sours and not too much into hoppy beers. Also very new to cellaring so anything vintage would blow my mind.
  8. boogercrack

boogercrack Savant (340) Texas May 24, 2012

it would be nice if my target updated this thread with some style preferences, as their "hads/reviews" lead me down a short road to nowhere. nor am i awash in blubber.

however, i might be able to pick up something today that they have been looking for and will "enjoy", leading me to ship ASAP if the store didn't sell out their allotment last night.

currently into barleywines, stouts and sours. tis the season. iipas too, but kinda burned out on them a little bit.

do not care that much for belgian ipas, browns, wheaty beers, wheatwines, but oddly enough enjoy saisons.
  9. lymph

lymph Aficionado (170) California May 10, 2010

My box will be heading East with at least four of my target's wants.
  10. My wants/hads/gots are a little out of date.
    However, I do like almost any beer. Don't care for saisons, sours, or anything funky.
    I prefer barleywine, stout, or nice hoppy beers.

Hint:
    My target lives in a state that I have been to numerous times and considered moving to. However, there's far too much snowfall.
  11. lymph

lymph Aficionado (170) California May 10, 2010

I really enjoy sours and BA stouts and Barleywines (I like regular stouts and barleywines too, but prefer English style barleywines to American style). I also like fresh IPAs, but am a little spoiled living California. I have also started trying Mead and would be interested in trying more.
    While I have never tried one, I am not interested in Oyster stouts. I am also not interested in lagers.
  12. i'm going to have my way with my target's "wants" list.
    i cannot promise that i will still respect it in the morning.
  13. FlyingKelly

FlyingKelly Aficionado (235) Texas Nov 28, 2012

Excited about my target's Wants list... gonna make several happen. Shipping later this week.
    Hint: I have never thought about moving to the targets state, but I do enjoy a quick visit now and again.
  14. sholle

sholle Aficionado (165) Montana Jan 2, 2011

If my target's wants are up-to-date, I will be able to easily access 3 of them, the rest are a bit hard to access altogether (or just maybe living in Montana has me out of distribution).

Hint 1: My target has still not turned the age of 1 as a BA member
    Hint 2: My target has already posted in this thread

AS FOR ME, more of an ale guy, not much for lagers. I love me some good American Black Ales, IPAs and hoppy PAs (possibly in cans for ski season) as well as barleywines, impy stouts and ANYTHING barrel aged. Not much for belgian IPAs, sours, wild ales, I guess Belgian/French ales altogether.
  15. stevec32

I like Sours, Big Stouts, Barleywines, Scotch Ales/Wee Heavys. I also like saisons but prefer them a bit funky or tart.
  16. hint : my box will be heading ESE and i will be hitting 100% wants.

so stoked to send this, hope to round up a last few goodies and get it out the door on monday.
  17. smonice

I keep my "wants" and "got" updated well and typically lean towards stouts although I am up for trying anything new.

Hint #2: My target has already posted on this thread has similar taste in beer!
  18. johncosta60

johncosta60 Zealot (90) New Jersey Jun 30, 2012

Hint #1: My box will be heading out west.

My want list is somewhat up to date, but love any type of sours, quads, imperial stouts. Not so much into saisons or old ales.
  19. ggfunk

ggfunk Savant (280) Oregon Mar 29, 2010

First hint: My box is heading south.
  20. sholle

"Hint" 3 - box is heading east
  21. My box is heading west. Just picked up a BA beer for my target.
  22. sholle

How many total do we have in this one?
  23. FlyingKelly

As my profile says, I dig the quads and Belgian stuff, but I'd be happy to get any good quality beer that we don't have in Texas. Seekabrew.com does a great job with that info. I wouldn't shy away from IPA. Not super huge fan of sours...unless you think it's awesome.
  24. Monnie

Monnie Aficionado (120) New Jersey Nov 17, 2012

My Wants: IPAs, Stouts & Pale Ales.

NOT a fan of sours and barley wines.

Thanks!!

My Hint: My target is from the West Coast and I can send this person a few of their wants and many beers that are not available to them.:)
  25. Loving this thread. The activity is awesome. Here is an opinion. If your target does not a well put together wants list, or a Dick'ish wants list, do 1 thing.... Send good beer. I have logged over 200 trades, have been in over 20 BIF's (hosting 9) and the best thing I can tell you is SEND BEER YOU WOULD BE HAPPY TO GET. So fucking what it's not on their wants list. You have access to a world class beer, send that Mutha. You know of a limited release beer you have access to, send that Mutha too. I think as long as you follow the addage that you would love to receive the box you sent, you should be all good. Also, on another idea, SEND A KICK ASS GLASS!!!! Make your target say "Wow" and that will go a long way.
  26. ^ I agree, my wants are wants but more or less just an idea of what types of beers I like.
  27. smonice

Hint #3: My target lives 11 states away from my home state.
  28. boogercrack

boogercrack Savant (340) Texas May 24, 2012

got most of my shopping done already, but just found out that a want for my target has a fresh batch dropping late this week or early next week.

so i drank the one i bought and will send a super fresh one instead :rolleyes:
  29. FlyingKelly

Hint # 2 - I can't be sure, but my target may need some extra beer after what they've been through in the past month.
  30. johncosta60

johncosta60 Zealot (90) New Jersey Jun 30, 2012

I can only get a few of my target's wants, but I'll be sending some stuff that people here go crazy over when its released
  31. ggfunk

I like good beer of almost any style. My least favorite would be wheat beers and lagers. Anything IPA, Sour or Stout is good. BA is a plus but not required for enjoyment.
  32. ggfunk

hint 2: My target is technically closer to the Atlantic ocean than the Pacific.
  33. smonice

Hint 4: My target has more "hads" that I do.
  34. Hint #2
    My target has more than likely shopped at my cousins liquor store recently.
    My target has also 'had' one of his 'wants'.
  35. stevec32

Hint 2 - My target has been a member of this site longer than I have.
  36. BigE90

BigE90 Aficionado (235) Washington Mar 19, 2011

Hint #1: The only thing better than a want is a vertical of a want!
  37. sholle

I think I have counted 14 different BAs posting here, still trying to get a total
  38. BigE90

BigE90 Aficionado (235) Washington Mar 19, 2011

Hint #2: A want is not even distributed in the NW but I got it and soon so will they!
  39. smonice

Hint #5: My target has a Untappd account.