1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hitting a "beer wall"

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by musicman7070, Dec 28, 2012.

1. You're doing it wrong.

2. I don't know if I'm necessarily hitting a wall, but my intake has gone down quite a bit over the past couple weeks.

3. sacrelicio

sacrelicio Initiate (0) Minnesota Feb 15, 2005

One of the best things I ever did to reboot my interest in beer was joining Untappd. I used to only drink IPAs, stouts, porters, barleywines and the occasional pale ale. I had tried nearly every style, but I rarely drank anything other than a few styles. I downloaded the Untappd app and started trying to get every badge, and it really broke me out of my mold. Now I try all kinds of beer and have discovered or rediscovered tons of great beers that I wouldn't have otherwise.

wesbray likes this.
  4. DonDirkA

DonDirkA Savant (400) Arizona Dec 14, 2011

I have had this issue before. I didn't drink any IPAs for a while because of it. And at one point I just wasn't buying beer because I didn't care anymore. Give it a little time and it'll come back. Craft beer is something I'm very passionate about so when I'm in, I'm IN and I tend to overload myself.

5. alternate with cider, wine or a liquor you enjoy for awhile. Perhaps even some sake! It's too bad there isn't a cider advocate site, as cider very closely follows beer on the list of alcohols I enjoy.

6. It's happened to me before. Luckily, it's only been temporary and I am good to go again in a few days or so.

7. sommersb

sommersb Advocate (580) Tennessee May 25, 2010

Try ticking off some lists for fun, like drinking a beer from all 104 styles, or all 50 states, the top 100 lists, etc.

8. LAMBICS