1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Holy Mother of Gatherings 2013 HMOG

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by pghlee, Feb 22, 2013.

1. pghlee

pghlee Member

Please go to the Beer Advocate events page and sign up for this event as soon as possible so we can get a head count. Register your beers on the spreadsheet attatched to speed up the check in process and let others match up possible verticals. (Donnie will post asap)

Link- http://bit.ly/13aOPHS

This is a free Charity Event to help change Beer laws in Georgia. Your Entry Fee is a bottle of rare out of market beer. You must sign up for this event and add your beer to the spreadsheet or you will not be allowed to participate.

Questions? Beermail Pghlee
  2. GatorBeerNerd

GatorBeerNerd Member

3. UGADawgGuy

UGADawgGuy Member

I SHOULD be able to go this year (after ignominiously missing last year's festivities), and have posted my last bottle of Dark Lord to the spreadsheet. I'll know within two days whether I'll be able to make it to the event, and if I can't go, I'll delete that entry from the spreadsheet a.s.a.p.
  4. Kmccabe33

Kmccabe33 Member

Definitely will be there, added my starter beers to it, will be adjusting later on.
  5. michaeljstraub

michaeljstraub Member

If we're maybes should we go ahead and add bottles? Is there a cutoff on attendees if I wait for a few days?
  6. pghlee

pghlee Member

You can add them and sign up everyone who signs up and adds a beer will be granted entry. we always have a few no shows.
  7. bhalter8

bhalter8 Member

Gotta dig around the cellar a bit, but I am in!
  8. Kayne

Kayne Member

Couldn't make last year's, but I won't miss this one.
  9. mrandypandy

mrandypandy Member

I'm in. Added two items to the list for now, will add more after I rummage through the cellar and see what I have.
  10. shizzyraw

shizzyraw Member

So are the beers we add to the SS for the auction or to share?
  11. jmhart

jmhart Member

The SS is the to open and share list.
  12. DawgPhan

DawgPhan Member

So if I am able to make it and I bring my beer...do I bring it chilled? If i bring it chilled do I need to bring a cooler? I understand that no one wants to drink ice cold beer, but room temp might be a little warm.
  13. pghlee

pghlee Member

We have some areas to ice stuff down
  14. DawgPhan

DawgPhan Member

great thanks.
  15. petitcochon57

petitcochon57 Member

Added my Bruery and Firestone; will probably have at least one other since I'm headed to California in two weeks. So excited for my first HMOG!
  16. agirlandherpen

agirlandherpen Member

Mmm, this looks like fun. Ill probably end up staying the weekend in Atlanta.
  17. unclejedi

unclejedi Member

ok, I'll be nice and play along, I added a beer that can't be bought in GA to the spreadsheet...
  18. firkinhophead

firkinhophead Member

Heh, heh. I see what you did there,Jedi!
  19. ATLhophead

ATLhophead Member

20. WzrHamilton

WzrHamilton Member

Unfortunately, I can not access the spreadsheet. Can someone please add to it, what we will bring this year? It will be:
    1. Westbrook Wine Barrel Triple (Tiger Mountain Malbec & Rombauer Cabernet) & the Bella Vigna Triple (Pinot Noir). All 2011. These three bottles are intented to be a fun wine variety tasting : )
    2. Surly five (2011)

Cheers!
    Katie, WzrHamilton.
  21. GatorBeerNerd

GatorBeerNerd Member

Use the link from my 2nd post in the thread, or this one. The one Lee added to the sign up page just points back to this thread it appears.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgQRUWhNwH_zdHdrN091cGl5T0xDVG1vendsdHc5clE#gid=0

Lee, might want to fix that link in the calendar entry if you can.
  22. GameFreac

GameFreac Member

Thanks to Msquared 2, I got some Zoe and Hoponius Union. Hopefully that will be better than Sue and Olde School Barleywine. Haha.
  23. pghlee

pghlee Member

Starting to get close to the date. Please sign up if you havent already so we can get an idea of how many people
  24. pghlee

pghlee Member

About to be over 100 rare beers!! If anybody has anything they would like to contribute to the auction please beermail me.
  25. wrp

wrp Member

So if I responded yes to the event page and added my beers to the spreadsheet, I just show up on the 30th with my beers to get in right?
  26. afksports

afksports Member

Oh man! HMOG 2012 was awesome! (Slash... embarrassing for me). Caught this thread and unfortunately I will be in NYC. That should spare some excellent Georgia folks like Mark and Donnie some beers, and spare everyone some embarrassing stories! On the other hand, I won't be donating $255 to Brick Store drunkenly, so.. win/win?
    seanchai likes this.
  27. pghlee

pghlee Member

You donated to the new House Bill to allow breweries to sell beer from their tap rooms to go. Not BSP. just for the record. You will be missed!
    afksports likes this.
  28. afksports

afksports Member

Happy to see where it went! Thanks for the correction - I never meant to say I donated to BSP directly. You guys always make sure the dollars go to the right place, and I had total confidence in that. Probably made that hangover better knowing that, too. Haha! Cheers and best of luck with HMOG '13!
  29. kp

kp Member

Mystery box from Denmark?
    afksports likes this.
  30. GatorBeerNerd

GatorBeerNerd Member

I'm not embarrassed by any of the stories. I wonder how often your ears burn when I am at a tasting though. I will never forget trying to wave at you at Raging Burrito afterward when you appeared to be catatonic. Good times!

Yep, he was the lucky winner thanks to another friend of mine crossing out their higher bid not long before the auction ended.
    afksports likes this.
  31. afksports

afksports Member

Catatonic is correct, good sir! I know I went to Raging Burrito, but I don't think I kept any memories. Hahah. HMOG 2014 I'll be on much better behavior.
  32. nerdrocker101

nerdrocker101 Member

Just added my bottles of what I know I'm bringing. If anyone can help finish the Vertical Epic lineup that would kick ass
  33. CurtisMcArthur

CurtisMcArthur Member

Anybody happen to have a 2012 Ivan the Terrible? I've got 08-10 and would like to do the full vertical. My 12's are still in MT.....
  34. OskarsBamaBlues

OskarsBamaBlues Member

Less than two weeks away! This is always one of my favorite beer events.

Finally got around to adding my beers to the spreadsheet.
  35. bulletburke

bulletburke Member

Hope you don't mean "best behavior", cuz how much fun is that? Sorry to hear you won't make it down this year, have set aside a few things from that box for your return. Hope to see you next year!
    afksports likes this.
  36. TheDole

TheDole Member

seeing some Hill Farmstead action makes my pee pee hard. lol. I work until 4 on Saturdays so Ill have to ask off but would love to add some of the new pickups to the SS.
  37. austinlouisray

austinlouisray Member

I'm in! Just added my bottles and RSVP'd. This will be my first HMOG! (Be gentle, y'all.)
  38. ontherocks

ontherocks Member

A quick question...

Did prior HMOGs begin earlier than 12 Noon? A family gathering has cropped up and now I have to decide which to attend.
  39. GatorBeerNerd

GatorBeerNerd Member

I think every one I have been to has started at noon. I say that because I always get there at opening to eat lunch before the crowd starts to arrive. Not to mention, since they open at 11am, it is pretty hard for it to start much sooner than 12.
  40. pghlee

pghlee Member

yup noon start, can't really start any earlier. hope you can still make it