1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Homebrew Belgian Beer Bottles - Where To Get?

Discussion in 'Homebrewing' started by treyrab, Apr 2, 2012.

1. treyrab

treyrab Member

I have bene looking at local homebrew shops and online for either A) The 11.2oz Belgian beer bottles, or B) The 750ml cappable Belgian Beer Bottles (i.e., like Jolly Pumpkin, not like the Bruery) and have not had any luck. I'd like to bottle my upcoming saisons and Belgians in these, but only have a few that I have drank.

Does anyone know where to buy these?

Thanks!
  2. Thorpe429

Thorpe429 Member

3. nozferatu46

nozferatu46 Member

4. Eriktheipaman

Eriktheipaman Member

Funny. My LHBS is the name of the homebrew shop near me and today they just posted that they got the cappable/corkable Belgian 750's. Probably a lot funnier to me than anyone else but oh well.
  5. Patrick

Patrick Member

6. Gueuzedude

Gueuzedude Member

perhaps not quite what you are looking for, but 750ml, green Champagne bottles with standard american cap sizes are available:

e.g.: http://www.homebrewit.com/wine-making-bottles.php

The russian river 375 ml bottles will be on the market soon with both a cork version (like russian river) or a cap version available in the near future.
    rmalinowski4 and Thorpe429 like this.
  7. treyrab

treyrab Member

8. Gueuzedude

Gueuzedude Member

Yes, I use one of those bench cappers and they work just fine for American Champagne bottles.
  9. nozferatu46

nozferatu46 Member

They don't look like 750s because they are... 16.9oz bottles. I no where claimed that the 16.9oz bottles were 750s. Figured the thick glassed ones I found, that take a cap, might be a potential option for the original poster.

I'm sure they understood that when I called a bunch of bottles 16.9oz bottles, that they weren't 750s.
  10. Blanco

Blanco Member

11. Patrick

Patrick Member

You said they have "them" at your local shop. Them refers to Belgian bottles (regardless of size) designated in the OP. What you linked to are not Belgian style, and all I was doing was clarifying that fact.
  12. treyrab

treyrab Member

13. nozferatu46

nozferatu46 Member

There are several types at my LHBS, which include 750s. The bottles in which I posted about (which are not from my LHBS) I stated were 16.9oz bottles, which are appropriate for belgian beers due to their higher pressure ratings. I'm sure the original poster had the sense to realize that those bottles weren't 11.2oz or 750ml bottles.

I'm also positive that putting beligian beer in those bottles would not, in fact, destroy the beer or the space time continuum.
  14. Thorpe429

Thorpe429 Member

FYI, I e-mailed Northern Brewer and they expect to have the Russian River-style 375mL bottles within the next few weeks!
  15. leedorham

leedorham Member

Do you know of any local bars that have bottled Belgian beer? They might be willing to let you grab them out of the recycling bin.