1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Honest proclamation from Modern Times Beer

Discussion in 'US - Pacific' started by sandiego67, Jan 16, 2013.

1. I will make sure that I inform you of my intentions in all of my future posts. Just so there is no confusion, I made a recommendation to another BA in a post about things to visit while in Santa Rosa. I have to admit that I am not a travel agent.

2. mrkrispy

mrkrispy Savant (410) California Apr 5, 2006

Ok, let's try to be above the conversational acumen of a Kardashian; how useful do you think a BA regional forum would be if there were dozens of posts a day of people lazily pasting ad copy, brewery blogs, and official facebook posts with no added insight, opinion, or commentary? I mean, that is really what these 2 pages of detritus are about and why threads like this get a bunch of shit piled on. Now you have Modern Times in a shitty position and Jacob has to defend his business (undeservedly). You've been here long enough, c'mon.

3. Precisely. How difficult would it have been for sandiego67 to add "I found this interesting", or at least followed up the thread early on to clarify? Instead, the snowball grew.

4. HopHead84

HopHead84 Champion (760) California Nov 29, 2006

Or, "I'd like to be the first to break the news of this blogpost."

mrkrispy likes this.
  5. This BA disclosure principle is inspiring. I think the next time I tell someone they are full of shit, I will take care to disclose my non-affiliation with TP manufacturers, not wishing to offend fellow turd tossers and all.

And speaking of dooks, is it time to shut down this lump of dump thread yet?

TheBoog013, jamvt and Carbon14 like this.