1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hop Dish

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by Revenant, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Revenant

Revenant Savant (350) Minnesota Aug 8, 2012

Lift Bridge Hop Dish is available NOW at The Ale Jail. This beer rocked my socks at Land of 10,000 Brews.
  2. Yeah, it is a good one. We already sold out our allocation.
    Revenant likes this.
  3. this one will always be in my fridge
    Revenant likes this.
  4. Revenant

Is this a seasonal beer?
  5. hood17

hood17 Zealot (80) Minnesota Aug 6, 2011

Is it going to show up elsewhere?
  6. mjryan

mjryan Savant (455) Minnesota Dec 22, 2007

Bought some at Princetons today. Great IPA. I'm pretty sure it's year round, but what do I know?
  7. jera1350

jera1350 Advocate (730) Minnesota Dec 15, 2007

Grabbed a sixer at Blue Max today. Drinking one now and it is damn fine.
  8. Year round
    Revenant likes this.
  9. Revenant

Furious, Day Tripper and Hop Dish? These are good times to be a Hop Head in Minnesota!
    gatornation and Lifeofbrian like this.
  10. All the new IPA's might start cutting into the national and "super" regional breweries IPA's in the Twin Cities. I love some of them but I would rather give my money to local breweries making great IPA's.
  11. picked some up @ Lyndale Liquors 2day this is one great IPA ,loved this on tap and its great in the bottles LB hit this one out of the park IMO
    Revenant likes this.
  12. bsp77

bsp77 Savant (490) Minnesota Apr 27, 2008

Yes, and Saga and Size 7 as well.
  13. Revenant

Still have to try that Size 7.
  14. I love size 7, but it pains me that it's not sold in 6ers or even 4s. I'll buy it, but not early as much as I would we're it to be available in platform other than bomber... Anyone else agree?
    morimech, Ish1, gatornation and 4 others like this.
  15. I would agree. Minnesotans for some reason don't seem to really "buy" into purchasing the everyday beers from breweries.
  16. I purchase all my beer from breweries.
    copslovebeer, herman77 and sacrelicio like this.
  17. Icarus

Icarus Aficionado (190) Minnesota Oct 6, 2012

I will have to pick up some Hop Dish, never had it but it sounds intriguing. And yes these are good times to be a MN craft beer drinker.
    Revenant likes this.
  18. bsp77

So has anybody raving about this beer had the bottled version? I found it pretty standard and it even seemed like the hops were old, even though it is brand new. I never had it on tap, but what I had in the bottle was very underwhelming.
  19. Yes..i found Hop Dish to have a tropical hop taste and smell a west coast style , hops were fresh and had notes of mango and citrus in it very fresh very good of course this is IMO
  20. Steimie

Steimie Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 7, 2012

Easily the highlight of this year's state fair.
    Revenant likes this.
  21. bsp77

Thanks! Not trying to be negative, as I was really excited to try. I have three more bottles, so I will see if I was just in an off mood, or if I just don't care for it fr some reason.
  22. Rumor has it sales of Hop Dish IPA went toe to toe with Furious at the fair this year.
    Revenant likes this.
  23. Ish1

Ish1 Savant (305) Minnesota Feb 25, 2010

My bottle experience was quite the opposite.
    Revenant and loudmouth like this.
  24. Revenant

Enjoyed a few bottles after Darkness Day Saturday night. I loved it and can't wait for my local stores to restock as it was gone from most of St Paul by Saturday evening.
  25. bsp77

Okay, just had it again and liked it better. This is exactly why trying something once is not always a good idea. Still don't love it, but now a 3.8 instead of a 3.4.
  26. Which is why I don't like to grade beers from a small 2 oz or 3 oz serving. It doesn't do the beer justice. IMO, every potentially graded beer should be drank out of a 12 oz or 16 oz serving.
  27. bsp77

Well, I did have a full 12 oz both times. Sometimes the taste buds are just a little off.
  28. Revenant

Also the beer guy at my local beer store said Hop Dish was seasonal. Can anyone confirm or deny, I have head conflicting reports.
  29. http://blog.liftbridgebrewery.com/
    scroll down a bit it says it will be year round , i know they are sold out at many stores this week
    Revenant likes this.
  30. Year round, I believe they bottled more Thursday.
    Revenant likes this.
  31. incutrav

incutrav Savant (315) Minnesota Jan 16, 2007

To dust off an older thread. Bought a single of this the other day- great IPA! I went back and was suprised to see a six pk is 10.99. Same store had their other offerings for 8.49. I always thought of LB brews as being fairly affordable, but Is that the norm price on this?
  32. Mealhouse

Mealhouse Savant (365) Minnesota Feb 19, 2012

Yeah $10-11 seems to be the going rate
  33. Revenant

7 different Hop Varieties comes with a bit of a tag. Worth every penny IMO but I am getting a little burned out on the hoppy goodness. Been drinkin Furious, Day Tripper, Abrasive and Hop Dish almost exclusively. Time to switch it up a bit.
  34. You need a Saison or a Gueuze
    Revenant likes this.
  35. tgchief

tgchief Savant (270) Iowa Nov 30, 2010

I was lucky to grab a bottle and really liked it! Can hardly wait to give it a try on tap.
  36. incutrav

incutrav Savant (315) Minnesota Jan 16, 2007

Celebration wins out over almost all this time of year-I did like Hop Dish a bit more, but not enough so that i wasnt going to spend a dollar more and get a 12pk of SN!

Im really still waiting on Saga to hit in 12pks. That will be a good day.
    donno005 likes this.
  37. Revenant

Can you recommend a nice Gueuze that could be found in or around St.Paul?
  38. Easy to find would be Cuvee Rene another one (not a Gueuze) would be Petrus Aged Pale..so good
    laymansbeerfan and Revenant like this.
  39. donno005

donno005 Zealot (90) Minnesota Dec 2, 2012

I'm with you all the way. I love SN, but would much rather support Summit. I'm not distinguished enough to differentiate much between the likes of Saga/Celebration/Ranger. 12 bucks is 12 bucks!
  40. If you want to spend a little more, I see Hanssen's (spelling?) Oude Gueuze on the shelf at a few places. Timmerman's I think too.