1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hop Stoopid not Stoopidly Good Lately

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by pjeagles, Feb 10, 2013.

1. We recently started getting Lagunitas here in New Mexico so was excited to pick up some bombers of Hop Stoopid, one of my favorites. I was surprised at how underwhelming it was, considering how much of it I drank and enjoyed when traveling over the past five years. Sucks is still impressive, Little Sumpin' Sumpin' is also great, but Stoopid is lacking. I can't imagine we would be getting old bottles, though bottle dates were conspicuously missing. Anyone else not enjoying this as much as they used to?

2. Hatzilla

Hatzilla Savant (310) California Jul 25, 2008

Yeah I hate to say it but I've noticed this too. And I live in San Francisco. Bottles at Safeway and Bevmo have bottle dates missing, and I if you buy one the taste and aroma is lacking. Meanwhile Whole Foods seems to have fresh bottle-dated Stoopid. Be wary of unrefrigerated and/or undated Stoopid (check the neck - first 3 digits is the day of bottling).

3. terrapinfan88

terrapinfan88 Savant (300) Virginia Nov 15, 2009

Fuggit, Sucks is twice as much for 3 times the BEER!!! Cases you must buy!!!!