1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hop & Vine B-A Collabs w/ Breakside & Upright

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by Gobigvt7, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Gobigvt7

Gobigvt7 Savant (310) Oregon Mar 15, 2008

"Chapter 5 and Chapter 7 of our "Ampersand" collaboration series are being released today (12/20) at the Hop & Vine.

Chapter 5 is a strong saison we brewed with our friends at Breakside Brewery, then it was aged with Counoise grapes and juice in a Chinato barrel from Cana's Feast Winery. As far as we can tell, it is the world's first Chinato barrel-aged beer! 9.1%

Chapter 7 is a dark, roasty saison brewed with our friends at Upright Brewing, then aged in a fresh rum barrel with Fernet Branca-soaked black truffles. 6.66%

These 750ml bottles are extremely limited and priced at $18 and $20, respectively."

I really like both of these beers and am super excited to see them with a little age as well.
    msubulldog25 likes this.
  2. Kopfschuss

Kopfschuss Advocate (530) Oregon Aug 19, 2009

Had an opportunity to try Chapter 5 at the brewery for my birthday! Great beer, grapes come through just right and the ABV is well hidden. I also enjoyed the flavor that the barrel added to the brew, interesting for sure!
  3. My question is if these are Chapter 5 and 7 then what were the other ones? I know they did a Berliner Weisse with Burnside last summer. And there was Don't Ask Don't Tell- the Hop & Vine/Breakside/Upright smoked porter for the first Fire and Brimstone, but I don't think that was one of the chapters.
  4. jgrgas

jgrgas Aficionado (205) Oregon Feb 10, 2006

The other chapters were released by wineries.
  5. Aha, that explains it. Thanks Josh!
  6. Gobigvt7

Gobigvt7 Savant (310) Oregon Mar 15, 2008

Nailed it. Also, Chapter 3 was supposed to be a beer w/ Gigantic, but things got pretty hectic immediately for those guys.

The Berlinerweisse is going through some pedio fun right now, but has grown much more sour since its release. We'll be re-releasing it as soon as it clears up and should be a rocking summer beer next year.

Still working on next year's lineup!
  7. CA_Infidel2o9

CA_Infidel2o9 Savant (310) Dec 1, 2012

They sound awesome, hoping to try them.