1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

HopCat 5 yr Anniversary Party this Sat

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by LupulinDevil, Jan 9, 2013.

?

What is your favorite HopCat beer of all time?

Poll closed Jan 16, 2013.
  1. Hoppo IPA

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Oil Rigger

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Sage Against the Machine

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Kiwi's Playhouse

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  5. Other.....

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LupulinDevil

LupulinDevil Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 25, 2008

We can't believe that it's been 5 years since we first opened up. It's been a blast and there is no doubt that we couldn't have done it without you all. So, in appreciation, we are throwing a huge party. Here's what we have planned:
    Free crack fries from open till 5pm: 1 order per person with purchase.
    Crack Fry eating contest at 3pm: $500 grand prize and bragging rights.
    Oil Rigger RIS 22oz bottle release at noon: 2 bottle limit per person
    2013 Oil Rigger on draft all day with 5 extra varieties: Jameson, Frangelico, Chambord, Grand Marnier & Patron XO infused versions of the 2013 Oil Rigger.
    Hope to see you all there.
    -Cheers

2. Sounds like a plan. Will any varieties be available in bottles or base beer only?
  3. LupulinDevil

Yup, just the base...
  4. ROBSTARR

ROBSTARR Savant (350) Michigan Aug 31, 2009

Yeah I'm a lil disappointed they aren't doing more than one bottle release. Didn't they have two last year ? I mean don't get me wrong Oil Rigger is good but I was kinda excited to see what other variants they would bottle release this year.
  5. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

Cedar Frontiersman was my vote, or whatever that beer was called. It was tasty. Kinda bummed I can't make it, but I have to save my money to make a fool out of myself the night before Winter Beer Fest
    strohme2 likes this.
  6. Will all the Oil Rigger varieties be on at the same time? Wondering if it will be possible to get a flight of all of them to share with some friends.
  7. BTW, Bring back Apparition please!
  8. LupulinDevil

Yes, the base and the extra styles will all be on at the same time. Flights will be available. And thanks for the comments and insights....keep 'em coming..
  9. Itoclown

Itoclown Savant (270) Michigan Jun 19, 2008

I'll be there! I just needed the slightest excuse to go there.
  10. mike409

mike409 Aficionado (200) Michigan Jan 25, 2012

whats the price per bottle?
  11. mike409

mike409 Aficionado (200) Michigan Jan 25, 2012

also will you be doing growler fills of the BA treatments of oil rigger
  12. MarcatGSB

MarcatGSB Initiate (0) Michigan Jan 8, 2011

How was the party ya'll? Oil Rigger dank as ever?
  13. MSEGUIN

MSEGUIN Savant (375) Michigan Apr 6, 2011

The party was great. Oil Rigger was even better. My favorite by far being the Patron XO infused Oil Rigger, followed closely behind with Jameo. Great time, and extremely easy and smooth run bottle release. Absolutly loved how smooth that went. Thanks again HopCat for everything!
  14. GRDave

GRDave Aficionado (185) Michigan Oct 7, 2011

Had a great time. Got there right before the crack fry eating contest and was able to get seats at the bar within 5 minutes. Not a shitshow like I expected. Oil rigger was very good. Wasn't a fan of the infused variations. Kuhnhenn imperial Creme brûlée on tap was fantastic as well. One of things that I absolutely love about Hopcat, you never know what they'll have on tap. Unfortunately missed out on the bottles, oh well. Congrats to Hopcat!
  15. jegross2

jegross2 Advocate (705) Illinois Jan 3, 2010

ISO Frangelico Oil Rigger. Send me a growler plz!