Hopslam help

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by codysjb, Feb 23, 2012.

1. I'm going to michigan this weekend to visit my grandmother and was hopping to grab a sixer of hopslam. Anything still available around fenton or is it all long gone atm. Cheers

2. founder26

founder26 Savant (460) Michigan Sep 9, 2009

not sure about fenton but over here in grand rapids its everwhere, most places have at least a dozen cases. I think your best bet is to call a few local beer stores near fenton area and ask if they still have hopslam

3. DrDoitchbig

DrDoitchbig Savant (395) Michigan Jun 6, 2009

I would check the French Laundry in Fenton. According to there website they do have Hopslam on tap currently and I know they carry a decent amount of bottles. I'm sure Pineridge Market in Highland would have it. It would be about an hour round trip from Fenton but if you're coming from Metro Airport you could stop on your way there and it would probably only add 20 minutes to your drive. North of Fenton there is Oliver T's in Grand Blanc which would be less of a distance from Fenton than Pineridge but still probably a 40 minute round trip.

The French Laundry - http://www.lunchandbeyond.com/
    Oliver T's - http://oliverts.com/home.aspx
    Pineridge -
    1065 South Milford Rd.
    Highland, MI 48357
    (248) 887-2440

4. NSaad23

NSaad23 Aficionado (220) Michigan Dec 13, 2011

Oliver T's was out the last time I was there, about 6 days ago. The "beer guy" told me they were hoping to get some more. I should be stopping by up there tomorrow. I will let you know if i see any then. Hope that's not too late.

Whigville party store on Dort Hwy & Hill Road in Grand Blanc had a few cases 2 weeks ago. I don't know if they still have any left.

5. kdmcguire10

kdmcguire10 Savant (375) Michigan Jul 15, 2011

Oliver T's is indeed out of Hopslam but they get their Bell's delivery on Friday typically, so you might want to call. Whigville is more under the radar and you could probably score some there. Both are within 1 mile of each other in Grand Blanc. If you get desperate, drop me a line and I'll get you in touch with a shop in Okemos that I'm 100% positive will hook you up with some.

6. NSaad23

Also, I was in this Gas Station on Grange Hall Road and I-75 (6410 Grange Hall Rd, Holly, MI 48442) about 2 days ago and they had a few sixers of Hopslam, I think the bottle date was 02/01/2012, however I think the price was around $19.99 (they tend to be a bit high there) and I only went in hoping they might have a 4-pack of Double Crooked Tree. Hopefully Oliver Ts has some on Double Crooked Tree....

7. I was at Oliver T's last night and there was a case hanging out by the cooler with the hops in the back.

Also, Oliver T's had double crooked as well.

8. NSaad23

Music to my ears, thanks BrewMichigan! I will be on my way there after i get out of work, hopefully by 3pm!

9. rogueleonardi

rogueleonardi Initiate (0) Ohio Jan 4, 2012

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but does anyone know if you can buy cases of hopslam from the brewery? I'm going to be in Kalamazoo next week.

10. I haven't been to the brewery in a while but if they have it, you can buy it.

edit: I meant General Store, not brewery.

11. rogueleonardi

rogueleonardi Initiate (0) Ohio Jan 4, 2012

If they still have it on draft at the cafe, would it be safe to say they still have bottles?

12. NSaad23

Oliver Ts has about 5 cases of hopslam. 2/10 bottle date. No more double crooked tree. I was too late

13. You can always call the general store but having it on draft doesn't always correlate to having it in the bottle. This time of year I would assume it's available.

14. Wow, I was there yesterday and they had a few 4 packs. I can't believe it moved that quick at over 5 a bottle.

15. adamdd

adamdd Savant (340) Michigan May 9, 2011

Bell's General Store still had Hopslam the other day. There are other options in town that should have it in stock too. Check out Tiffany's (www.aatiffany.com) or Drakes (www.drakespartycenter.com). Neither are too far from downtown Kzoo.

16. lftwng4

lftwng4 Aficionado (230) Ohio Oct 12, 2007

does anyone still have it on tap in the Toledo area?