1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hopslam in SE pa

Discussion in 'US - Mid-Atlantic' started by Theshagger, Jan 28, 2013.

1. I asked at the Malvern Wegmans and they said it lasted like 30 minutes.

I give up. Is double trouble out yet?

2. Blanco

Blanco Advocate (500) Pennsylvania Oct 11, 2008

I haven't heard anything on Double Trouble yet. I can't wait. Much easier to get a hold of. Also, there will likely be a 2nd round of Hopslam and probably more chances to drink it on tap. I wouldn't really give up, but then again, you could find some Sucks and save yourself some trouble.

3. If you have anything for trade I may be able to find you a six pack.

4. What's the cheapest price for your case of hopslam if you don't mind me asking. I got mine for $45 plus tax.

5. Founders new 2013 availibility schedule is out. Double trouble is different this year, instead of Jan.-April it is changed to a specialty beer, due to be released in May and June. Makes more sense as its light, tropical body is perfect for summertime.

6. Blanco

Blanco Advocate (500) Pennsylvania Oct 11, 2008

that sounds like a mistake. I've heard $56 in MI and the retail and wholesale price of Shangy's is in the low $70s in PA.

7. My beer distributor was charging $88. I was offered two sixers for $44. I passed. Not sure how they can break up cases. They said they were trying to be fair to all on the list. I am now looking for another case of sucks. Seems to have dried up around Philly.

Enjoy

8. Glad you have connections

Enjoy

9. My uncle owns a local beer store and primarily consists of BMC. He orders me craft and charges me whatever his price is aka wholesale. Just like when KBS is released, it's $115 a case from the brewery. I get it for $92 plus tax.

10. $6 or so a bottle at Hawthornes, Brew, Bottle Shop, etc. Pretty sure it was sub-$5 last year. Philly prices are already out of line with everywhere else, but $6 for a bottle of Hopslam?!?!?! I am not paying that, no matter how much I love the beer.

Will wait for it to come up on draft.

11. xnicknj

xnicknj Advocate (730) Pennsylvania May 25, 2009

same here, although i remember seeing it as high as $7 like 2 or 3 years ago around the city. good thing there's about 500 other DIPAs available all year round.

12. kdb150

kdb150 Savant (495) Pennsylvania Mar 8, 2012

Has anyone run into any Black Note anywhere besides the Foodery?

13. Only thing I really have worth trading would be one bottle of bourbon county stout. If you would want that and some cash or. Sixer of nugget Nectar to make up the difference shoot me a PM.

14. neas

neas Aficionado (160) Pennsylvania Oct 18, 2011

$6 each at beer heaven. 2 left behind the counter.

15. kdb150

kdb150 Savant (495) Pennsylvania Mar 8, 2012

If he doesn't sell a lot of craft, how does he manage to get allocations of limited special releases? They're usually reserved for the top selling accounts, you can't just order KBS and get it.

16. NimaShangy

NimaShangy Zealot (90) Pennsylvania Jan 26, 2013

Hello,
    As of this morning Shangy's is sold out of Bell's Hopslam.

17. I got me a case from shangy's yesterday, maybe one of the last