1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Hopslam- No Limit Purchase

Discussion in 'US - Great Lakes' started by SSGKIM, Jan 17, 2013.

1. jhillwastaken

jhillwastaken Savant (300) Illinois Jan 21, 2012

In DeKalb on Thursday, they said they weren't getting their Hopslam till next week.

2. bradner

bradner Savant (350) Illinois Dec 26, 2007

Thanks for the tip.

3. JakeT469

JakeT469 Savant (340) Illinois Jan 13, 2012

I heard the same thing. 30 cases isn't a lot by any means. So, I'm wondering how Prestige on the far North side got 3 cases as SSGKIM claims? Hmmmm... Sounds like the wonderful bottle shop(s) of good ol Dekalb

nachos likes this.
  4. cacbeer

cacbeer Aficionado (125) Illinois Apr 22, 2003

There is a case limit at Binny's in Niles, not 2 six packs.

5. birchholz

birchholz Savant (280) Illinois Jul 21, 2010

Plenty at the Cardinal Liquor Barn in Oak Lawn.

6. Yup, plenty with no limit. One of the few places I know of that still has BCBS also, but the prices are jacked up a bit there.

Also, very weird liquor store for beer. The owners have very little knowledge about beer at all and was asking me what a Porter is....Also the beer is in no way organized. You will find a sixer of Hopslam in several places throughout the store. I am pretty sure he just places new 6 packs randomly wherever there is room.

7. PlayaPlaya

PlayaPlaya Savant (285) Illinois Sep 19, 2012

Hopslam is in Dekalb, right now, as I'm typing......It's at all the liquor stores and also at P.J.'s Courthouse Tavern in Sycamore, stop by, say Hi, I'll buy you a couple . . . .. . . . .
    ^Dragons Milk on tap coming very soon.
    ^ST Oat stout on tap right now.

D-Town representinnnnn' !!

8. birchholz

birchholz Savant (280) Illinois Jul 21, 2010

Yep, it's just odd. I live literally two blocks from this place in their craft beer offerings have grown exponentially in the past two years. Only I rarely end up buying anything there because their prices are typically $1-$2/ 6 pack more than Binnys. I'm torn because I'd love to support a local store, and I appreciate the convenience of having some decent beer just around the corner from me, but I can't justify spending more.

I don't think I've seen anyone buy craft beer there, only BMC or hard liquor. The owners seem pretty clueless, but there's a younger guy who's asked me what I like and recommendations for what to carry. If I had to guess, he's the one pushing the newer stuff. They've still got a ton of BCBS, but at $29.99/4pk and with their customer base, it's probably going to sit for a long time.