1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hopslam on CNN.com

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Phacoman, Feb 8, 2013.

1. fmccormi

fmccormi Champion (760) New York Oct 24, 2010

Sounds like someone in Michigan was listening to my gripes . . . :)
    http://beerpulse.com/2013/02/bells-brewery-reportedly-expanding-to-new-york-soon/

"Bell’s Marketing Director, Laura Bell, told BeerPulse on Thursday, 'We’ve decided that New York State will be our next territory expansion and we’ll roll out when we have enough beer to do so. No timeline as of now.' Bell’s Founder, Larry Bell, re-iterated and added, 'No set timetable- it will be our next state when we have enough beer to go around. Then, upstate first followed by the City.'"

Wait wait, let's back up. Let me highlight something here.

"Then, upstate first followed by the City."
    UPSTATE FIRST

YYYYYYYYYYYYES!

frankthetank86 and scootsmal like this.
  2. I was talking about Sculpin from Ballast Point. But yeah I saw that, and I actually did the same thing with 2012 vs 2013 and 2012 turns a little barleywineish.

3. Here in central NC the hipsters are finally on to it, which means that it was much harder to find on store shelves this year. I guess I'll have to drink the PBR that they abandonned.

Revenant likes this.
  4. Well I got the joke. That being said, it's crazy how defensive people get around here. I like some beers that everyone else seems to hate, but guess what - I don't care.

5. OH YEAH!!! thats where I read the article but couldn't see the details because my eyes were filled with tears of joy! hahaha! awesome!

suspect and fmccormi like this.
  6. Lol.

tectactoe likes this.
  7. Damn, I thought this was going to be breaking news about the drunks who killed a whole keg of Hopslam in one night and ruined a BAs night.

GFG, BMitch and tectactoe like this.
  9. Noelito76

Noelito76 Advocate (525) New York Oct 30, 2004

Really? When? I usually have to wait until I go to Florida or Puerto Rico to enjoy Anything Bells. I'm not planning either until May (PR).

10. Whaaaat????? Wish you would have posted this sooner before I traded the case I bought for 6 Mickey Big Mouths , dang it

11. beertunes

beertunes Poobah (1,035) Washington Sep 24, 2007

Wow, seems like 50% of the responders to this thread have zero sense of humor. Everybody been stuck indoors all weekend for some reason? ;)

ubenumber2 likes this.
  12. not to sure. bells confirmed it but they don't know when it will happen. hopefully soon:D