Hopslam

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by dipaguy, Jan 20, 2013.

1. dipaguy

dipaguy Aficionado (200) Florida Feb 20, 2011

Has anyone seen hopslam yet in south florida. Let me know if you have also if not does anyone know dates for when it is supposed to hit.

Thanks

smokinoak likes this.
  2. rholmes

rholmes Aficionado (105) Florida Sep 11, 2012

The Bell's website states the following:
    Q: When/where will it be available?
    A: Hopslam will start shipping to areas in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio the week of Jan. 7.
    It will begin shipping to Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, Missouri and Arizona the week of Jan. 14.
    It will then start shipping to Florida, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington DC, Kentucky and Pennsylvania the week of Jan. 21.

Now as for how long the distribution takes after it starts shipping I would be interested to know myself.

3. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Florida Oct 30, 2010

My buddy that.owns a liquor store says that only abc and total wine will get the bulk. With the larger independents getting what little is left over

4. chardlogic

chardlogic Savant (325) Florida Feb 18, 2011

Not to threadjack, but any word on Black Note, if at all?

5. drowland

drowland Savant (250) Georgia Jul 24, 2008

Hoping to see Hopslam in Florida by the end of January or at least the first week of February.

Black Note has definitely hit some accounts in FL, but from what I hear, most accounts only got one to three cases, and several of them aren't even going to sell it, just use it for special events, etc.

6. chardlogic

chardlogic Savant (325) Florida Feb 18, 2011

Wow, so is Gold Coast also handling the distrib. of Black Note? Are there any stores slated to get some, or just bars?

7. shokatan

shokatan Initiate (20) Jan 11, 2013

I called Total Wine in Miami (Pinecrest) and they told me beginning of February. Sunset Corners said they would be getting it, just don't know when. They just said to keep calling because it would disappear as soon as they got it.

8. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

I know Luekens in Dunedin is releasing it during Tampa Bay Beer Week in March.

9. Danny1217

Danny1217 Advocate (655) Florida Jul 15, 2011

Awww. I was hoping to see it at TW this Tuesday. I was able to some fresh Sculpin, which just hit Miami, yesterday, so i guess I'll be able to wait.

10. drowland

drowland Savant (250) Georgia Jul 24, 2008

I work for a store, and the distro in Jax apparently only got 2 or 3 cases. They aren't selling it to any accounts, just using it for special events.

We are doing a Bell's tasting on February 8th in Jacksonville (I work at Grassroots) and will be sampling Black Note, but will have none for sale, as we are only getting a couple/few 12oz bottles.

11. adam42381

adam42381 Advocate (555) Florida Oct 10, 2005

Total Wine here in Fort Myers said they'll have it in stock on February 1. Also, World of Beer is tapping a keg on 1/29 at 6:00. They said they probably wouldn't be getting any bottles.

12. abb610

abb610 Savant (290) North Carolina Oct 14, 2010

Sure wish Tryon would quit bogartin....

commis and wolfeman007 like this.
  13. MADPolo

JJ Taylor just posted to twitter with a nice picture of Hopslam. They said it has hit Florida and should be in stores by Friday.

Deltoro likes this.
  14. GatorBeer

GatorBeer Savant (350) Florida Feb 2, 2010

My store in Gainesville is teasing big releases this week. So I'm thinking Hopslam although it could be Lag Sucks bc we haven't gotten that yet either.

15. friend of mine got a keg of it in charleston, sc.

16. WHEN IS IT COMING WHY DOES BELLS HATE NORTH CAROLINA?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

flipdog0, cdflem and wolfeman007 like this.
  17. end of the week I hear...word on the skreet is that they (Tryon) got half of what NC is allotted and are waiting for the other half so they could release it all at once instead of picking and choosing and pissing everyone off...

Handle likes this.
  18. Good to know. Thanks!

19. You are correct sir! Can't wait!!

20. Just out of curiosity, what are yall paying per six? It hit in Charleston today and I'm not paying $21. I'll gladly pay $11 for Sucks until it runs out.

21. badboy7113

badboy7113 Savant (370) Florida Jan 19, 2011

Just picked up 2 6 packs in Tampa! Can't wait to drink one!

Deltoro and wolfeman007 like this.
  22. it was $18-$20 here in NC last year...I'm with you on the sucks comment..Im gonna grab some hopslam but I think my days of driving all over town to pick up a 6 at each of my favorite shops is over...

23. MADPolo

Where?

24. Well. Just saw bestway in Greensboro say on the facebooks that the nc release is 2-5-13 and Roger usually gets a pile of every rare-ish release....

25. badboy7113

Total wine on dale mabry. Behind counter. 2-6 pack limit.

26. Clusterfuck here in Charleston. CBX sold out in less than 30 min. Bottles still had it around 6pm, with a one 6 pack per person max. This was shocking to me. I had absolutely no trouble getting multiple six packs last year in FL. This year, in SC, I feel fortunate that I was able to get ONE six pack.

27. badboy7113

Yea last year I walked into total wine and bought a case with no prob, this year it's limited! Was looking to get a case!

28. MADPolo

Damn, I was just there this afternoon. I'll have to go back tomorrow I guess.

29. Yup...pretty much sums up Charleston today! Happy to have at least one sixer buy pretty disappointed overall. Where are all of these people during the weekends? Sure as shit not at the local breweries or CBX during the rest of the year...LOL. Oh well...lesson learned and will prepare more adequately for the this year's KBS release.

30. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (340) Florida May 16, 2011

i hope the total wine in orlando does nto put a limit on hopslam, as i promised a case to my buddy up in NY, and wanted a case for myself as well. guess we will see. the guy at colonial TW said they will probably not put a limit on the beer, but i antiicpiate it going very quickly.

31. thirstygator

thirstygator Savant (250) Florida Mar 29, 2012

At opening this morning, they said a 2 6-pack limit but before I left, they were deciding whether to lift the limit. I only needed one so I didn't stick around to confirm.

32. MADPolo

Stopped by the Dale Mabry Total Wine this morning at 9am and got my 2 six packs. Bottle date os 1/23/13, so probably about as fresh as it gets for us. Sweet.

33. by the time tryon releases the beer will be 3 weeks old....come on man

CWinchell likes this.
  34. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (340) Florida May 16, 2011

Are they already selling it in Orlando? Or this was at Tampa?

35. Pump the brakes there puppy chow......3 weeks won't kill you.....and by the way it's BEER not bread.

36. thirstygator

thirstygator Savant (250) Florida Mar 29, 2012

Orlando. Might want to go quickly too, they had 3 cases or so of Black Note as well.

37. Handle

Handle Savant (395) North Carolina Mar 16, 2009

Bestway Grocery in Greensboro, NC said on Twitter that the statewide release is Tuesday, Feb. 5. I suppose it's up to the shop if they actually release it that day.

38. Sad, but true.....Pushed back to Tuesday.......Going back to my bottle of Sucks now! What am I going to drink for Superbowl?!!

Handle likes this.
  39. MADPolo

Damn, Black Note as well? I guess I should have asked while I was at the Tampa store. Dang....