1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Hopslam

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by dipaguy, Jan 20, 2013.

1. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

Apparently the Tampa Total Wine doesn't have any Black Note yet.

2. brewbetter

brewbetter Savant (410) Nauru Jun 2, 2012

What were the limits for black note?

3. thirstygator

thirstygator Savant (250) Florida Mar 29, 2012

One 4-pack.

4. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (340) Florida May 16, 2011

millenia just sold out...my buddy went to get me a 4 pack b/c by the time i get down there its for sure gone, and he has a hold on both his cards from an international charge, so looks like i'll be SOL lol.

5. jbear68

jbear68 Aficionado (195) Florida Sep 23, 2010

Just got hopslam in Gainesville

6. kirbmeist

kirbmeist Savant (350) Florida Mar 16, 2012

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! your talking about black note right?

7. kirbmeist

which orlando location? colonial or millenia?

8. thirstygator

9. kirbmeist

think its gone?

10. thirstygator

No idea, give them a call. They didn't know they received it until I told them it was supposed to be there and then they checked in the back. I had previously heard that they were going to be kept behind the front desk and were only getting three cases or so.

11. kirbmeist

yea i gave em a call they had like one bottle left. im heading that way so i got my fingers crossed. buddy in gainseville was able to snag me a bottle so at least i got one coming lol thanks for the heads up

12. DigitalV

DigitalV Aspirant (35) Florida Jan 30, 2013

I just picked up a 6 pack from Total Wines today in Orlando.

13. I picked up a 6 pack from greenville beer exchange in SC. $20 The local total wine will also have it tomorrow I hear...

14. As a heads up, snagged the last bottle of Black Note at around 2:45 PM at the Colonial location. Had 2 buddies pick up separate 4 packs during the day though. They still had Hopslam at a 2 6 pack limit at that point but I heard through the grapevine that there was much whining and gnashing of teeth in the morning over the limit.

15. kirbmeist

so you were the one? :mad: haha just kidding i called and they had that one bottle on my way to the store i called once more and they had just sold it. luckily my local store guy is getting me a bottle. at least the morning people got a 4 pack can i whine and gnash my teeth over the none i got today? lol stupid college classes. hopslam still plentiful when i was at total wine millenia around 430. picked up a sixer of it and sucks

edit: seems like you were talking about the hopslam limit lol. Fyi guy at knightly told me that you should be able to purchase a case tomorrow when it comes in if anyone is looking to load up on it.

16. Deltoro

Deltoro Savant (375) Florida Sep 15, 2012

I called around 4pm and the guy who picked up looked in the system and said that orlando was getting 3 cases but had no clue about them going to the tampa location. told me to call tuesday cause thats when shipment comes in.

17. Sorry buddy. :( I travel for work and was working in Melbourne/Palm Bay today and had caught wind that Black Note may be coming in this morning. My friend swung by regardless to get Hopslam and called me when he grabbed his pack so I literally raced 90 miles to Total Wine and just barely got there.

Also, I'm assuming you mean a case of Hopslam with Knightly, right?

18. kirbmeist

no problem glad you got some buddy.yes sir hopslam. drinking my first one in a long time and its quite tasty

19. ewright

ewright Savant (440) North Carolina Oct 25, 2007

You Florida guys have it good. Been mostly 1 6pk per person limits in NC the past few years, and that's when the stores haven't been selling it as singles with an even smaller limit. I think places in Charlotte were selling 2 bottles per person last year.

Don't even get me started on Black Note... word is 16 cases for the entire state of NC.

20. well shit, there goes my chances.

21. chardlogic

chardlogic Savant (335) Florida Feb 18, 2011

So, how was it distributed in TW Millenial?

22. ewright

Likely mine as well.

23. ill just endure dry february then go balls deep in for me and bluecane's birthday on St. Patty's Day.

24. rholmes

rholmes Aficionado (105) Florida Sep 11, 2012

Any idea if the Tampa store has much left? May head down there this weekend but it's a drive for me..

25. I can't speak for Tampa I guess, but last year there was a *lot* of Hopslam around after the initial demand subsided a bit in Orlando and I wouldn't be surprised again that in a few weeks we'll see it more freely again. They make a ton of it.

26. rholmes

Ok cool. I live about an hour north of Tampa, so that drive would be very disappointing to miss out on some Hopslam.

27. kirbmeist

if your an hour north of tampa would you be closer to orlando or still too far east and closer to tampa? theres plenty in otown

28. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (340) Florida May 16, 2011

orlando had about 18 cases left after i left today with my crew left with 2 total cases. no black note...oh well it was a pipedream anyways thinking i would land some of this.

29. rholmes

I'm in Hernando County...Orlando is a good 1.5 hours for me unfortunately.

30. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Any of y'all see any in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area yet? This is my dad's favorite beer and he lives in FTL.

31. brewbetter

brewbetter Savant (410) Nauru Jun 2, 2012

Negative.

32. Word on the street is 12 cases are coming to the entire state of SC.

33. drowland

drowland Savant (250) Georgia Jul 24, 2008

Hopslam is in at Grassroots in Jacksonville, FL as of this morning!

34. Just go to Sam's tomorrow. No Black Note, but I'll take the other stuff.

35. Wouldn't be surprised to see those black note bottles appear tomorrow at Sams..... That would make sense if they sold them during the Bells tap takover

36. shand

shand Advocate (645) Florida Jul 13, 2010

Bad news on Black Note in Tampa. From what I understand, JJ Taylor has Black Note in, but they're holding cases of it ransom for large (around 10 cases) orders of Best Brown. Hopefully no one bites on their gambit and they'll release them legitimately sometime soon.

37. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

Shit, that's nice of them!

38. ewright

Want to guess how far out of date that Best Brown is and how many pallets they have? That's a pretty shitty move on their part, if true.

39. Finatic

Finatic Savant (300) Florida Jan 16, 2011

Update:

TW in Sarasota and Dale Mabry in Tampa are both out of Hopslam. TW in Sarasota is starting to be a major bummer for me. I used to be able to get anything that came in there, but lately most releases last a day and it's gone. I have resorted to trades and buying online for the most part.

40. nc41

nc41 Advocate (745) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Black Note is rare guys, only two cases hit the Piedmont 1 went to Bestway, not sure where Leslie said the other one landed. I got a bottle which is quite nice, new one for me. Hopslam next week I'd guess.

CWinchell and wolfeman007 like this.