HotD dock release November 10th

Discussion in 'US - Northwest' started by m4ttj0nes, Sep 19, 2012.

1. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Initiate (0) Kansas Feb 26, 2012

Since Alan said his tweet on 1/14/12:

"@heyts @Not_Relevant been nursing it for half an hour. Almost gone and it makes me sad. Cheer up, I will be bottling more Matt 4 U this Fall"

And his new website says about Michael:

"It is aged in American oak and Sherry casks for 30 months and released every November from the Brewery"

Obviously Doggy Claws will be released at the same time. Has Alan ever done more than two special releases at once?

ellswrth likes this.
  2. ramnuts

ramnuts Aficionado (235) Oregon Feb 16, 2009

The beer lineup was just broadcast by Alan:
    "Very happy to announce the release of three Beers during our 19th anniversary weekend. Doggie Claws, Cherry Adam and Michael will be available on November 10th at 10am. There will be a 1 case limit on Cherry Adam and Michael, no limit on Claws. The line forms early, my guess is that people here before 7am should have no problem getting Beer."

3. waltersrj

waltersrj Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2010

Great news about Cherry Adam as I love that beer. Sad about no Matt but perhaps that will be ready early next year? I'll just have to make another trip down.

4. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Advocate (620) Oregon Mar 2, 2008

Well, I guess I was wrong about not knowing before the release. I love the info from Hair of the Dog.

Also, I plan to be there early, but I can't see myself filling up on the allotments, especially since I don't think Cherry Adam ages very well at all. And bummed about no Matt this year, as I've only got one left and I really need to stock up again.

5. bgramer

bgramer Savant (335) Washington Feb 10, 2006

To each his own. I think Cherry Adam ages very well. It's taken on a flavor complexity that's quite enjoyable.

waltersrj likes this.
  6. waltersrj

I assume I'll see you in line Brendan?

bgramer likes this.
  7. I hear there is usually not a line for these things. I'd recommend showing up at or around 10. After all it is Saturday, a day for sleeping in.

vkv822 and waltersrj like this.
  8. Big disappointment that Alan is not lowering his bottle limits and pretty much encouraging a pre-sunrise frenzy. Looks like I'll skip this one and enjoy his beers at the pub.

9. jag21

jag21 Savant (280) Washington Apr 21, 2010

Ha, I went to last year's release and was told by a guy at the bottle share the night before to show up at 10-11am: "you'll be fine bro, 10 or 11, that's the time to show up, 10 or 11". The guy telling me that was probably fifth or so in line that morning. Good thing I didn't heed his advice given how that release turned out.

10. waltersrj

Anything before 7 am will be just fine.

11. bgramer

I'll be there bright and early! Will there be a tasting anywhere the night before? I had a great time at The Commons before the AftW release.

12. digita7693

digita7693 Advocate (600) Germany Jan 19, 2010

lil tip, coffee at Water Avenue around the corner is wonderful... well at least espresso, I have heard good things about the coffee as well too.
    And I won't be there, unless later in the day they have special things on tap?

hopsbreath likes this.
  13. hopsbreath

hopsbreath Savant (475) Oregon Aug 28, 2009

Why the disappointment? There's really no "frenzy". All you have to do is wake up early, get in line before 7am, and purchase whole cases of delicious beer should you desire. I once got two speeding tickets the same day. THAT was a disappointment. This is merely a beer release, and one of the best ones for that matter.

black13 likes this.
  14. Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83 Advocate (620) Oregon Mar 2, 2008

The last time Alan released Cherry Adam, there wasn't a limit, so I'm pretty sure he significantly lowered it this time around. ;)

hopsbreath likes this.
  15. hopsbreath

Let me add that the 2009 batch was available by the case for several weeks when the tasting room first opened.

16. "I once got two speeding tickets the same day. THAT was a disappointment."

You didn't happen to get these tickets racing to release after release after release which you portlanders are so 'cursed' with did you?

beertunes likes this.
  17. DimensionX

DimensionX Savant (335) Oregon Oct 1, 2010

well last years release was insane because everybody wanted AFTW, I hope it won't be that crazy this time. I plan on picking up some Doggy Claws later on.

18. hopsbreath

We all have our crosses to bare. Unrelated to the speeding tickets, my wife and I did hit Pelican and Blck15 on the same day last year for MOAS and Figgy Pudding/imagine. A long day in the car but it was a fun little Saturday none the less.

19. My wife and I did the same. A little crazy crossing over the coastal mountains into tillamook. Thank goodness for AWD!

20. hopsbreath

Sure is difficult to speed in those road conditions. My driving record is thankful of that. :)

21. yojimbo1

yojimbo1 Initiate (0) Kansas Feb 26, 2012

No pricing info huh? I'm guessing $10 per and $200 per case.

22. lurchingbeast

lurchingbeast Initiate (0) Illinois Feb 19, 2009

ISO: half a case of Cherry Adam ;)

23. bifrost17

bifrost17 Initiate (0) Washington Dec 16, 2011

No Matt!?!?!?!?!?! Well I guess at least I can save the gas money now instead of driving down from Seattle.

24. waltersrj

I love HotD releases...too much fun AND you get to bring home full cases of absolutely extraordinary beer. What's not to love?

eyeenjoybeer likes this.
  25. nasty31

nasty31 Savant (250) Indiana May 5, 2010

Anyone not getting a full case of cherry Adam lemme know we can easily work something out I'm from the Midwest

26. cavemanlawyer

cavemanlawyer Savant (285) Oregon Dec 7, 2010

Has there been any mention of a bottle share similar to last year? I barely made it to the dock release the next morning, but it was worth it.

bgramer likes this.
  27. NWer

NWer Advocate (660) Washington Mar 10, 2009

Anyone from Seattle going interested in helping out a fellow BA?

28. teddyarrowhead

teddyarrowhead Savant (350) Oregon Oct 23, 2009

I'm hoping he releases Matt just like Bourbon Fred this year - a single tweet letting people know it was available that day. Of course, I live 5 minutes away. :)

29. hopsbreath

This I'd have no problem with. ;)

30. waltersrj

This I would have a problem with as it'd be a long unexpected Seattle road trip!

31. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

But it'd be totally worth it!

32. bgramer

Will there be a bottle share the night before like the one at The Commons last year? I'm happy to throw together some beers in a cooler to bring. Last year was a blast, and it would be fun to do it again.

33. hopsbreath

As I recall, the tasting at The Commons last year was only announced a few days in advance and still had 50+ participants show up. Planning this far out might only increase the madness. I'm sure there'll be something worth getting into the night before if only to discourage sidewalk shenanigans the next morning.

bgramer likes this.
  34. I think the bottle share last year was set up by The Commons crew. I don't think there is anything in the works this time around, so if people want a bottle share someone will probably have to start making some phone calls and coordinate it.

35. chew76

chew76 Zealot (85) Yukon (Canada) Mar 26, 2009

So, if I don't line up for the release, what are the chances of there being Cherry Adam from the Wood still available later in the day? Thanks!

36. bgramer

At the very least, you should be able to order a bottle for on-site consumption.

37. podunkparte

podunkparte Initiate (0) Washington Nov 14, 2009

Won't be able to make it down, especially since Matt isn't showing his face for this one, but I'm interested in a bottle or two of Cherry Adam and Michael if anyone's planning on getting more than they want to consume.

38. bgramer

You could always visit Matt at Brouwer's.

39. hopsbreath

*rimshot*

40. davidsk

davidsk Zealot (95) California Sep 12, 2008

Count me in among those who would love to get a bottle (or bottles) of Cherry Adam or Michael, if anybody can hook it up. I'll do my best to return the favor.