HOTD Matt

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by fortsambo, Feb 26, 2013.

1. fortsambo

fortsambo Savant (250) Colorado Feb 14, 2011

This is one of the few HOTD brews I've yet to try. Just wondering if anyone has traded for one (or traded one) lately and what it took. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

2. LoPo87

LoPo87 Aficionado (235) Oregon Mar 9, 2012

I say that you shouldn't waste trading any beer as one might show up in your thank you box for being my CS reserve trustee ;)

3. fortsambo

fortsambo Savant (250) Colorado Feb 14, 2011

You my friend, are a gentleman and a scholar.

4. imfrommichigan

imfrommichigan Savant (470) Utah Jul 12, 2012

Easiest "What will it take to get..." ever thread. Way to keep it simple boys!

LoPo87 and FishPondManager like this.
  5. buffs9

buffs9 Savant (450) Colorado Apr 28, 2008

I'm still curious what others have to say on this topic. I recently got a couple from a buddy in Portland and sent a King Henry and others in what was a larger deal on both sides. The Matt was what I wanted most from him.

6. I agree, LoPo is an awesome guy. Sent me a Matt as an extra in our latest trade!

LoPo87 likes this.
  7. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (530) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

I think LoPo is a dick.

8. WagonCircler

WagonCircler Savant (285) New York May 15, 2011

1 Cherry Rye Unit

9. ggfunk

ggfunk Savant (280) Oregon Mar 29, 2010

Yeah but you're a douche. What would you know?

LoPo87 and Shmeal like this.
  10. gn0sis

gn0sis Savant (300) Massachusetts Dec 17, 2007

To set the record straight, Bottleworks Matt (original batch) would be considerably different, than "regular" (post-Bottleworks release) Matt at this point. I'd put the original at 4:1 on the later release(s).

11. buffs9

buffs9 Savant (450) Colorado Apr 28, 2008

Thanks for the info, why such a big gap? The last batch was 2010, when was the Bottleworks version released?

12. LoPo87

Bottle works version was 2009. From what I have heard. Alan distilled his own barrel of apple brandy. That barrel he ended up making the bottleworks IX Matt in. Then he decided to make a full batch of it. So he acquired some local Apple Brandy barrels from a Portland distillery, and released a full batch of Matt as teh 2010.

DanGolfs86 likes this.
  13. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Savant (445) Illinois Mar 19, 2012

Matt Bottleworks X - Tenth Anniversary - February 2009
    Second release: November 2010

Let's hope there's a 2013 release sometime soon or at the anniversary dock sale.

14. csano

csano Initiate (0) Washington Sep 21, 2010

Rumor has it that it's already in bottles. People were hoping that it'd be released at the dock sale last year, but that didn't happen.

15. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Savant (445) Illinois Mar 19, 2012

Yeah I was at the dock sale and heard that rumor also. Let's hope that there's an announcement soon.

16. I've got a few left from both batches, it would take some sexy lambic to get them from me. But that's me. I'm a HOTd and Cantillion and Jolly Pumpkin Fanboy. Three favorite brewers.

17. Any estimates as to the value of FT: Bottleworks + 2010 release?

18. madtowndmb1

madtowndmb1 Savant (370) Wisconsin Oct 17, 2007

I gave one to friend a month ago or so, he loves the beer!

BarrytheBear likes this.
  19. I just set up a trade for one with a Cherry Adam for Chocolate Rain - I can't wait.

20. When you have friends like Kyle, a Matt can just show up unexpectedly at your house. Good shit, buddy.

21. DanGolfs86

DanGolfs86 Savant (300) Illinois Dec 2, 2010

Any thoughts on the trade value of the new batch? I know it's not out yet so nobody knows, but i'm contemplating putting up a BT vert for a case, not sure if that will get done or not, just really love matt and would love to get a case.

olympuszymurgus likes this.
  22. Shmeal

Shmeal Advocate (530) Oregon Nov 9, 2009

I doubt a BT vert will pull a case of Matt. Thanks to crazy amounts of the recent vintages being made, I feel like the older batches have lose some value.

Just my 2 cents.

eyeenjoybeer likes this.
  23. Benish

Benish Advocate (520) Wisconsin Mar 13, 2013

Does anyone know the cost of this year's batch? Is New Glarus good trade material (talking Wild Sour)? I'm kind of a beginner so just asking for friendly input. Thanks.

24. LoPo87

This year's batch is $15 per bottle, $12.50 if you get a case. It is a one case limit. I am not too sure the cost or value of Wild Sour tbh. I think it comes down to finding someone that may be looking for it. Matt is my personal favorite HotD beer, so it would take a bigger want to get any of it from my hands. Hasn't been released in 3 years so gotta make sure my bottles last around that long.

I think that is where Dan may have some trouble. Doubt there is anyone out there willing to trade a full case of Matt. There may be people with mules and the cash to be willing to though. A few of my Portland tasting group are out of town (thanks to GABF) so my case is already being split with the guys that are not here. Hopefully Dan can find someone willing to trade a bunch, because it is an incredible brew.

25. DanGolfs86

DanGolfs86 Savant (300) Illinois Dec 2, 2010

Totally agree that's my fear, that people won't want to trade their entire case. I am really hoping for two people who got a case each to want to split the vertical, or find someone with a mule.