1. One Hundred Mags (Rule). Check out the sneak peek of BeerAdvocate magazine #100, plus some of the changes coming your way.

Houston bush airport

Discussion in 'US - Southwest' started by codysjb, Dec 15, 2012.

1. I have a 3 hour layover in the bush airport and im wondering if any place has good beer (esp jester king, but anything else also). Thanks, cheers

2. DanzBorin

DanzBorin Initiate (0) Texas Apr 11, 2012

Sadly, Jester King on tap is tough to come by. I think the best you'll find at the airport is Saint Arnold. If you are lucky maybe Endeavour will be on tap.

3. champ103

champ103 Champion (920) Texas Sep 3, 2007

Bush International is a waist for good beer, or a good restaurant for that matter. It is functional, but one of the blandest airports I have ever been to. Sorry.

4. TXhomebrewer

TXhomebrewer Savant (320) Texas Dec 4, 2010

I work at that airport. Best you will find is Saint Arnold or Sam Adams Boston lager.

5. FlyingKelly

FlyingKelly Savant (260) Texas Nov 28, 2012

About the best options can be found at Pappadeaux in Terminal E, Near E3. But as others said it's Saint Arnold and Sam Adams, and sometimes they have some other interesting bottles, but very limited.

6. mastodonj

mastodonj Aficionado (215) Colorado Jun 14, 2010

Adding to this old thread....
    3rd Bar in Terminal B
    St Arnold's and Sam Adams

7. mindswoop

mindswoop Savant (255) Texas Dec 22, 2011

Pappadeaux is the best there. You can find Karbach there as well. Had a weekend warrior their back in November.

HectorB likes this.
  8. Ford

Ford Advocate (510) Texas Sep 8, 2012

One of the local breweries should partner up with a restauranteur and open a bar/restaurant there.... like Sweetwater has at the Atlanta airport.. it isn't anything fancy... the food was average... but they had all their regulars on tap...