1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

How do you keep your glasses clean?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by DEdesign57, Mar 4, 2012.

1. biggitybait

biggitybait Zealot (75) Oklahoma Jul 8, 2013

Don't get lazy. Just wash it well.

2. Might I ask why? Unless theres grease or meat involved, soap isn't necessary each and every time, or even most of the time. While it might just be anecdotal, I've hardly ever used soap to wash my food dishes when I'm in the backcountry for a week or more at a time. Dirt, sand, pebbles, all work fine, then just rinse.

paulys55 likes this.
  3. mnrider

mnrider Savant (375) Connecticut May 26, 2009

Spit----->Air Dry

4. After washing my glass, either in the dish washer or by hand, i rinse it thouroly with copious amounts of hot water then dry it with a clean towel. A lot of times im too lazy to clean and dry my glass between beers and usually find myself just rinsing the glass out with tap water. If im trying a new beer, especially one that has been hyped, I'll take extra care in cleaning the glass.

5. sicilian

sicilian Savant (275) Florida Sep 30, 2008

I drink most of my beers outside(pool patio etc) so I use good quality clear disposable plastic cups.
    Flame away!

Johnny_Muir and IPAFan521 like this.
  6. Stop worrying about how your dish washing habits are effecting head retention and worry about getting an effing life.

djl9701 likes this.
  7. Life or not, I get it. I stumbled on this thread via google search because I too was losing my head so to speak. And good beer deserves a good head because the foam is delicious and soft like a cloud, and theres nothing better than that first si[. You don't have to like it, by any means, but let us who will enjoy our heads!

8. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Savant (455) Michigan Oct 13, 2013

Steaming hot water and a super dry towel. Clean glass in 30 seconds

9. Best beer video EVER !

10. Paper towels FTW!!

Seriously though, my house has terribly hard water, air drying makes them look disgusting. I use very hot water with a small amount of dish soap and paper towel them dry. Never had any problems that way and it takes about ten seconds.