1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

Comment How do you post a picture from desktop?

Discussion in 'Site' started by cfh64, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfh64

cfh64 Advocate (740) Texas Aug 16, 2005

I'm not computer saavy. I have an old picture I scanned that I want to post. It's not on my Smartphone, it's not on Photobucket, it's not on Facebook, it's not a youtube video. It's just a simple JPG on my desktop. How do I post it on a thread? I can't seem to copy and paste, and I can drag and drop it. What am I doing wrong (other then being computer illiterate).

2. FalconA

FalconA Initiate (0) Massachusetts Aug 10, 2011

3. cfh64

cfh64 Advocate (740) Texas Aug 16, 2005

Thanks. So there's no way to do it without using one of those photo sharing website?

4. the image needs to be uploaded onto the internet before you can share it. I use tinypic- it's free, you can resize, and you don't have to register.

http://tinypic.com/

once you upload and get the direct link, click the photo button (looks like a tree) and paste the URL of the image you uploaded.

funhog likes this.
  5. Todd

Todd Founder (1,650) Colorado Aug 23, 1996 Staff Member

Correct. Right now, the last thing we want BA to become is a photo sharing website; this would increase our storage and bandwidth needs and potentially our costs.

imhorhay and gcamparone like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.