1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

How long do I wait before I go to the bad traders list???

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by Malty_Matty, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recently did a trade by way of muel, and some pretty heavy hitters were involved. I put up a Bourbon Vanilla Dark Lord for CW 15, BCBS Vanilla, and 07-12 BCBS vertical. The muel met with the guy and he said he had forgotten the '10 and that his buddy would get him the '07 in about a week (This all took place at CW anniversary party). Now I can't even get the guy to inbox me. What should I do? (Also as an extra I threw in a BBL 4th Dimentia, which I felt was generous)
  2. DogfishJoe

DogfishJoe Savant (460) Ohio Feb 14, 2010

This is why trading scares me.
    woodchopper likes this.
  3. Bad_Trader

Bad_Trader Initiate (0) Namibia Nov 8, 2012

You usually post about the guy first, so other people can see how you traded 'heavy hitters' with someone who had one or all of these red-flags:

Drug References in username
    Spotty communication
    Poor forum posting

Etc. etc.
    Gosox8787 likes this.
  4. Did you receive everything but the 10 & 07 BCS?
  5. Photekut

Photekut Initiate (0) Tennessee Mar 31, 2006

Throw the name out there, beers usually follow pretty quickly with an explanation / excuses if you are going to get your beers at all.
    woodchopper likes this.
  6. huskermike12

huskermike12 Savant (435) Iowa Nov 14, 2011

Wasn't the CW release last weekend? I wouldn't freak out just yet if you got the majority of the trade. Cheers!

Mike
    Gosox8787 likes this.
  7. I think Mike has it right. He has numerous trading references and yes I received the 15, vanilla, and remaining bcbs beers. I don't want to mention names just yet, since he may just be swamped with work and family. I just wish he'd take the minute it takes to tell me so.
  8. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

Fuck I was hoping we had someone to crucify again (actually I don't, but this is like a one tug reach around at this point).
    BobZ, woodchopper and Penguin3200 like this.
  9. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (345) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

i have a can of gasoline ready if your bad trader is in Illinois or Iowa......

Damn it i have to find a lighter....
  10. He got back to me. No blood will be spilled in the name of beer today. My apologies.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.