1. Trying to obtain a specific beer? Looking for a proxy or trustee? Tired of trading on other platforms? We've got you covered. Join our Beer Trading community to unlock this forum and new features! — Todd, Founder of BeerAdvocate

How long to wait? Bad trader? @ktenneydenver

Discussion in 'Bad Traders' started by Pup21, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F2brewers

F2brewers Maven (1,378) Mar 12, 2005 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

suggest it in the site help section. i think it will be hard to implement (i.e., what if i get tagged even though i have no stake in the disagreement?), but additional. input and ideas are always valuable.

also, i agree that we need better deterrants. too many jerks in the trade forums these days.

tx_beer_man, jshusc, Duff27 and 2 others like this.
  2. suprafro

suprafro Initiate (0) May 2, 2013 Illinois

what did you end up doing about @ktenneydenver ? what is a good way to resolve this because he has been MIA since he received my box. i've sent him a few messages and it shows he's been on BA since i've sent it but he hasn't checked his messages...

edited to remove personal info.

#22 suprafro, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  3. suprafro

i do have a trade feedback open with him. should i give him negative feedback? i would prefer to fix if possible. not sure if giving him negative feedback is a big deterrent. he can always just just open a new profile.

i sent him about $45-50 worth of chicago shelf beers and got nothing back in return. chalk it up to lesson learned and don't ship out unless they ship out on the same day?

4. Pup21

Pup21 Initiate (0) Mar 4, 2014 Texas

He still has not responded and has been offline since 1/5. Sucks that it happened to someone else. Did some snooping and he has a Twitter handle as well but has not been active for several months.

5. Pup21

Yea, I asked him to wait so that my package arrived Safely before he shipped. Bastard probably was laughing as he read it.

6. suprafro

Need some advice.

@ktenneydenver and I agreed to to ship each other about $50 worth of beer on the 22nd of Dec. The day of, he messages me and tells me that a bottle we agreed upon, he does not have it in his possession and he will hunt one down. It was around the holidays. No one is mean enough to screw people over on Christmas...right?

Then about a week later, he messages me on Dec 30th apologizing and saying he will ship my box out on Jan 2nd. Said unforseen circumstances at work got in the way and he will ship out my box soon. After that, "poof". he doesn't reply or even view the messages I've sent him.

If he's in the hospital and in a coma I feel bad and I'm sorry. I understand that is why you haven't been responding.

I do have a trade feedback open with him. I'm wondering if I should give him more time or if I should leave him negative feedback. Not sure what to do. I would prefer to fix this situation and get something back for all the work, time and money I put into his box. Is negative feedback even a big deterrent? What's stopping him from opening up a new account and screwing other people out of more beer?

Looks like he's been screwing with other people (@Pup21 ) as well. Are there more out there?

7. Iamjeff6

Iamjeff6 Initiate (0) Sep 9, 2013 Virginia

Did you ship him any beer?

8. suprafro

Is there a sticky posting where there are a list of bad traders?

9. suprafro

yup, he received his box according to FedEx

10. Iamjeff6

From the looks of it he hasn't been on here since the 5th, and if he received your box and neglected to ship that is a bad trader, which would require negative feedback.

Do you have any contact information from him? If you have his number maybe shoot him a text and see whats up.

11. F2brewers

F2brewers Maven (1,378) Mar 12, 2005 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Thread title updated to include @ktenneydenver and "new" bad trader thread for the same user merged into this older one.

blue-dream likes this.
  12. suprafro

just a name and address. would it be bad form to send him poop?

13. Iamjeff6

As much as you would like to, I would say yes its a bad idea LOL.

After looking at the merged thread it seems he has a habit of screwing people lately.

14. dmbforever

dmbforever Initiate (0) May 8, 2013 Wisconsin
    Trader

@Pup21 @suprafro
    Well, I'm very patient and understanding with all my trade partners as long as there's some form of communication. Seems like there's none of that on his end, which is kinda sad. I realize stuff happens, but sooner than later a simple text would help (as long as you ALWAYS get a # when trading; and the number is legit). @suprafro I would leave negative feedback (with details and you can always "adjust" if they come through).

15. JamesShoemaker

JamesShoemaker Initiate (0) Sep 21, 2012 Michigan

I smell family emergency on this like pork stink on bacon slop.

...or whatever.

16. Pup21

The fact that he signed on after he received several messages from us blows the family emergency scenario out of the water to me....

JavaNoire likes this.
  17. suprafro

there is also a website, where you can send him a box of glitter.

i'm very very very tempted. imagine trying to clean the glitter that is everywhere.

18. JamesShoemaker

Yup. But it'll be interesting to see if he still uses the excuse after we've discussed it.

http://shipyourenemiesglitter.com/

19. Justdoit1234

Justdoit1234 Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

This site has me dying,just dying. "Why are you so obsessed with glitter?" "Go fuck yourself". LOL

20. JamesShoemaker

My girlfriend alerted me to it yesterday, it's pretty epic. Craft herpes, lol.

Justdoit1234 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.