1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

How many days a week do you drink beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by freewill35, Jan 19, 2013.

1. KansasBeerLover

KansasBeerLover Savant (320) Kansas Feb 16, 2009

What's a week?
  2. What day is it? Oh yeah, I'm drunk......... Fuck off!
  3. 0-2. If you have been drinking daily for nine months you're an alcoholic.
  4. I've been into craft beer for a little over two years, so I have a lot of catching up to do.
  5. kona650

kona650 Savant (270) California Jun 12, 2011

I'm in the drinking business so almost everyday I work!! 4-5 days a week!!!
  6. fx20736

fx20736 Advocate (510) New York Mar 7, 2009

What happened on those two other days? Must have been hell.
  7. cavedave

cavedave Champion (930) New York Mar 12, 2009

I only drink on Sat. and Sun.

And weekdays.
    YogiBeer and alelover like this.
  8. I've been down with a cold this week, so just three days with a single brew apiece, but last night I found my sore throat cure; ginger honey and lemon tea with a shot of scotch! Probably will be back to beer for patriots football this evening.
  9. Seven days a week. Life is short.
    YogiBeer and Bitter_Echo like this.
  10. broodog

broodog Savant (325) Illinois Jul 18, 2009

Stutgart hip
  11. Judgie

Judgie Savant (320) Indiana Nov 21, 2012

Nice! Know of any job openings?
  12. I have been trying to try something new every 2-3 days. Being in college, some days I have more time to try then others.
  13. broodog

broodog Savant (325) Illinois Jul 18, 2009

I will allow myself 1 12 ounce beer per year. Only after I run the Boston Marathon. And only if I finish under 2hrs :45 mins
    Shakory likes this.
  14. Siggy125

Siggy125 Savant (470) California Nov 10, 2006

2. Usually one day on the weekend and whichever week day sucks the most at work
    Craigory likes this.
  15. MarioM

MarioM Advocate (500) California Sep 13, 2009

6 to 7, but rarely 6.
    Bitter_Echo likes this.
  16. lucasj82

lucasj82 Advocate (640) Indiana Aug 13, 2009

1-3.

Usually have a random day in the week that I indulge, I go beer shopping on Friday and try any new ones that night, then Saturday I usually drink with my friends.
  17. What if Monday sucks really bad? ....how do you know if the rest of the days will suck more or less than that. In other words, how do you determine which one is the suckiest when you haven't experienced the others yet
  18. FosterJM

FosterJM Champion (825) California Nov 16, 2009

On average 5, Although it seems like more than likely the average is no bumped to 7.

Cheers!
  19. Roger85

Roger85 Savant (455) Illinois Aug 24, 2012

5-6 nights per week. I have only 1 12 oz bottle/can most of the time during the week and save the bombers for the weekend. Only times I drink more than that are if there is a beer event in town or I am with friends I haven't seen in a while. If I don't drink that much I will accumulate WAAAAAAY too much, since I seem to not be able to stop buying it.
  20. 8, but only about 3 beers or so
    Bitter_Echo likes this.
  21. Why would would not drink at least one beer every day?

I'd hate to wake up in the morning and that be the best I will feel all day.
    jmccullough108 likes this.
  22. I used to drink 4-5 nights a week, but recently have been having a beer or two most nights. I tend toward higher ABV brews, so my natural tolerance and enjoyment keeps the volume consumed at a low level. I also have a decent metabolism, so beer consumption hasn't been a serious weight issue.
  23. Siggy125

Siggy125 Savant (470) California Nov 10, 2006

I have telepathic powers that allow me to go back and pick the worst and imbibe with glee
  24. darienm

darienm Aficionado (140) Illinois Apr 23, 2010

Current medical advice suggest adult males have an adequate intake of 3 liters (13 cups) of liquid per day. Beer is 99% water, which is a liquid. I'd be ignoring medical advice if I didn't at least try and maintain proper hydration every day.
    jmccullough108 likes this.
  25. 2-4 days a week. On weekdays or just hanging with the wife it's one or two. When out or having people over more like 4-6. I agree that it's important to ask why I'm drinking. I don't want to find myself using alcohol to check out. It should enhance my experiences, not hide me from them.
  26. GFG

GFG Savant (295) North Dakota Oct 24, 2012

Sun-Thurs: Usually around 1-3 a day
    Fri-Sat: Til I can't feel feelings
    YogiBeer likes this.
  27. Jimjohson

Jimjohson Zealot (80) Georgia Dec 26, 2012

I average 2 12oz a night, but will to go more if anybody's willing to go with me.
  28. 3 - 4 days a week
  29. Pecan

Pecan Savant (410) California Dec 20, 2012

0-2, depending on schedule.
  30. Lare453

Lare453 Champion (760) Florida Feb 1, 2012

2-3... But I wish it was 7
  31. Dennoman

Dennoman Savant (485) Belgium Aug 20, 2011

Probably averaging 2-3 days a week. Cutting it back down to 1 after today, want to lose a crapton of weight by the end of March.
  32. At the moment just Fridays and Saturdays. I'm trying to have more non drinking than drinking days over the year, so I need to build up some credit in Jan, Feb, March as I drink most days during the summer.
    Craigory likes this.
  33. njhopspop

njhopspop Savant (335) New Jersey Oct 17, 2010

34. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

I usually stick to Friday, Saturday & Sunday but some 12oz'ers sneak in on other days here and there.
  35. 4-7 in 99% of weeks. 5 on average. Probably too much.
  36. antilite

antilite Aficionado (155) Florida Jan 1, 2012

Two 12 oz or a bomber each night, every night. Never anywhere but at home. I've been doing this for 20 years or so. Not the high life, but it's my life.
    AmitC likes this.
  37. josephwa

josephwa Advocate (560) Minnesota Jun 4, 2012

Depends on the beer releases during the given week!

3-4 is a pretty good number on average though.
  38. kdb150

kdb150 Savant (490) Pennsylvania Mar 8, 2012

Usually 6 days a week, as there will be, on average, one day a week where I'm simply not in the mood for a beer. During the week I will typically have 1 or 2 12 oz. beers; most weekends there will be one day where I tackle a bomber of something big, or 2-3 12 oz. bottles of something big, sometimes more. On the few times per year that I see my brother-in-law and only real beer buddy, and we are able to sit around the house all day, we will each bring a few special bottles and crack anywhere from 4-8 different, usually very big beers - some 12 oz., most larger format. His dad and our wives will usually drink some of what we are having, depending on the styles, but we usually end up pretty drunk by the end of those days. Good times.

For those of you who have confessed to forgoing beer to shed weight - it is indeed a great way to do it. Cutting a beer per day with no other changes in diet or exercise (assuming you normally drink at least one beer every day) will result in a weight loss of over 20 pounds by the end of the year. However, you can make the exact same weight loss by cutting 200 calories of food out of your diet each day and drinking the same amount of beer. I know which I prefer ;)
    Craigory and smitherz22 like this.
  39. Alextricity

Alextricity Advocate (700) Michigan Jun 18, 2012

4 or 5 ... and usually it's just one.