1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

How many here have stayed at The Old Stagecoach Inn in Waterbury

Discussion in 'US - New England' started by bostonbeans, Nov 17, 2012.

1. I find this pretty funny because whenever I go to VT I always stay at the Old Stagecoach. I just wanted to know who else has enjoyed their awesome free breakfast and dealt with the crazy parrot and fat dog. Gotta say, that place is amazing.
    BeerMeFitz likes this.
  2. Jwale73

Jwale73 Advocate (670) Rhode Island Aug 15, 2007

Haven't been there yet, but am doing a birthday weekend there in March and am looking forward to it :)
  3. eajb24

eajb24 Aficionado (145) Connecticut May 26, 2005

The place is awsome and the breakfast the bomb. Love being able to just walk to the bars also. The parrot has to be on something.
    Cheers
  4. RC51Mike

RC51Mike Aficionado (230) Delaware Dec 17, 2004

Stayed there three times and really enjoyed it. Breakfast on the deck in season is a great way to start the morning. Our room was fine and they allowed our dog. It's a short walk to the former Alchemist and to Blackback. Close to Burlington and Montpelier beer destinations. My wife sent toys to Sophie, the African Grey.
  5. except for last year, I have stayed there at least once a year since the alchemist opened. I love their huevos rancheros and potato pancakes, oh, and that bacon...
  6. I have stayed there a few times. Beer geeks have got to be responsible for a large percentage of their business these days...
  7. One of my favorite NE Inns. Great.
  8. I'm not normally a B&B kinda guy, but whenever I plan on overdoing in Waterbury this is a go to. Awesome breakfast for sure.
  9. My wife and I stayed there for the first time a couple weeks ago - decent room, great breakfast, and a priceless location. We'll be back, I'm sure.
  10. celfan

celfan Savant (465) Vermont Jul 4, 2004

even if the room is a bit worn, I'll stay at a bed and breakfast or an inn anytime - better clientele. less of a chance of getting bed bugged at an an inn than a chain hotel imo.

some people are just Holiday Inn/Best Western/Olive Garden types. whatever floats your boat.
  11. Franch

Franch Advocate (540) New York Mar 22, 2011

gawd i love the country breakfast
  12. We're staying there again next weekend. They are soo nice they're letting us bring our dog. Inns like these are the reason we shop local. The cinnamon buns are amazing as well!
  13. EDNOSE

EDNOSE Aficionado (245) Connecticut Oct 27, 2007

Went first time with my wife in September. Loved it. Can't beat breakfast and location.
  14. ...raises hand...
  15. JArena13

JArena13 Savant (360) Pennsylvania Nov 14, 2012

Just booked for September. Thanks for the tips BA's!
  16. Was there sat night. Awesome place. Breakfast was a delightful surprise for us.
  17. stmgl01

stmgl01 Savant (260) Pennsylvania Dec 11, 2007

I have stayed twice and loved it both times. Who else is in love with the Huevos Rancheros? I couldn't get them off my mind for almost a year!
  18. I've stayed there but don't understand the acclaim for their breakfast. There wasn't anything wrong with it but it was pretty normal food to me. Does everyone just eat crap everyday back at home?
  19. Shilt

Shilt Savant (370) Virginia Dec 26, 2011

Was there the 3rd-5th and while the breakfast was good, I wasn't blown away. Loved bottle sharing there a couple nights with BA franklinn though. And it was great to get tanked on SS5 at blackback and stumble a couple blocks to my bed. Best place to stay while in Wayerbury IMO.
  20. Franklinn is a good guy for sure.
  21. A great place to stay. The owner is cool guy, funny guy.
  22. BeerMeFitz

BeerMeFitz Savant (320) Illinois Oct 24, 2011

I stay there every time I visit VT.. Great breakfast and walking distance to great pubs and restaurants. Frank is a great BA !
    franklinn likes this.
  23. Franch

your post was bad and you should feel bad
  24. jomobono

jomobono Savant (390) Massachusetts Mar 12, 2012

Yeah it isn't epic, but waking up to a nice full breakfast after a night of awesome beers and just having to walk downstairs for it and the price of the rooms with free breakfast makes it extra special.
    Psykhe and RC51Mike like this.
  25. I think you are upset
  26. Franch

i stand with the stagecoach's country breakfast.
    BeerMeFitz likes this.
  27. I'm the "an egg's an egg" type of person when it comes to breakfast.
  28. DaKur

DaKur Savant (400) Rhode Island Nov 15, 2012

Tent and $20 at Little River State Park Eggs on a pan over the fire or Ben & Jerry's for breakfast. 20x20 cabin with outlets, bunk bed and a futon for $46 I think.

MAN UP!!!