1. American Craft Beer Fest returns to Boston on May 29 & 30, featuring 640+ beers from 140+ brewers. Tickets are on sale now.

How much will the trade value of Bolt Cutter drop once it gets into distibution?

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk & Help' started by ChadQuest, Nov 17, 2012.

1. 3rdto1st

3rdto1st Savant (270) California Dec 1, 2011

2. SpdKilz

SpdKilz Advocate (730) Illinois Jan 8, 2009

So...anyone else feel like this is way easier to get than we all thought it might be....?

ChadQuest and OtisCampbell like this.
  3. dvelcich

dvelcich Savant (340) Illinois Feb 6, 2008

A Google search is the easiest way. Just make sure you use keywords like price, cost, bottle count, release...

4. DanGolfs86

DanGolfs86 Savant (300) Illinois Dec 2, 2010

Yeah...I've seen 6+ bottles on the shelves on at least 3 places in chicago recently. The problem is they are so $$$ that nobody wants to pull the trigger.

5. SteelersX

SteelersX Savant (445) New York Jan 30, 2011

+ It's horrible
    Cracks me up that in the trading forum there are a ton of FTs and zero ISOs for this sugar bomb.

6. Does anyone think/know if keeping BC (or any other beer for that matter) in warmer than cellar conditions will speed up the "aging process?"

MADPolo likes this.
  7. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

If so, I think I may microwave mine when I get it. ;)

Gehrig13, ehammond1, FTowne and 3 others like this.
  8. MordorMongo

MordorMongo Initiate (0) Jul 19, 2009

I can assure you that smashing one on the ground in hopes your $25 dollars can be gotten back magically inside doesn't work. I can also assure you that putting one in the engine compartment of a 69 Camaro before doing a shitton of burn outs can't possibly HURT the flavor, so why not try?

FTowne, OtisCampbell and eyeenjoybeer like this.
  9. mishuggah

mishuggah Savant (275) Illinois Jul 14, 2009

Weird, I read this as:
    How much will the trade value of Bolt Cutter drop once it gets into people's mouths?

Sarlacc83 and MordorMongo like this.
  10. homebrew311

homebrew311 Advocate (550) Illinois May 19, 2008

My thoughts exactly. I want to trade my only bottle since trying it, but I doubt it could fetch much of anything at this point.

11. ChadQuest

ChadQuest Initiate (0) Illinois Mar 4, 2009

And i was so worried about getting to try this, thinking it would go all CBS.

Why didn't the people at the release warn us about this? They are so mean.

ShogoKawada likes this.
  12. Brez07

Brez07 Initiate (0) Maine Sep 29, 2009

13. The intro to all his perfect 5s are the best part:

"Had this 2012 on tap at Darkness Day was actually the first person to get it :)"

"Alright the Hater-train stops now."

and my favorite

"Wow! I cannot believe some of the reviews on this."

14. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 Savant (445) Illinois Mar 19, 2012

I didn't think Bolt Cutter was a bad beer, just way, way too hoppy right now. Yeah, it's also boozy, but sorta in a Backwoods Bastard sort of way. Lots of big flavors not well combined at this moment.

It's a tough drink right now, but so are Dark Lord and Darkness when consumed fresh.

15. mlefevre

mlefevre Savant (255) Michigan Nov 3, 2012

party store here in detroit area has 7 cases of it just sitting there. not selling at all !

16. Demer

Demer Aficionado (245) New Jersey Dec 13, 2010

Ive seen a lot of bolt cutter on the shelfs in a bunch of smaller stores all around NY. In NJ it pretty much came and went and we also only got 40 cases and everyone pretty much knew where they were going.

17. Along with many others, I'm curious on how time and demand will affect this. It's never going to be brewed again, even if people hate it in its so called current "brash" form, it's still probably going to trade well/garner more interest in a few months/years(not to mention improve in taste/drinkability) once it's gone from the shelves.

18. FTFY

19. Haha, is it THAT bad? Just picked up some coffee yesterday...

20. MarkIntihar

MarkIntihar Initiate (0) Michigan Mar 17, 2010

Have you had it yet? I really wanted to hate it, but ended up loving it. Both times.

crushedvol likes this.
  21. Laughed through five pages of this thread. I'm sitting on 3 bottles of this and have resigned myself to the notion that they will be an "oh, I also brought this" bottle to future bottle sharing events I attend.

ABisonEgo likes this.
  22. Franch

Franch Advocate (565) New York Mar 22, 2011

same, right down to the 3 bottles.

FT.... :(

23. Too
    Too bad were not closer, we could get together and punish a few of them in one sitting.

24. Because midwest = WALES

25. It has now reached "ok extra" status.

26. Only for those that haven't tried it.

27. Tried it and it's just ok. What would you offer for one. It's still on the shelf in VT for around $18.

P.S. formercopslovebeer

28. I have 3 left. We can BM talk about what I have to offer for other VT heavenly goods.....