1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

How often do you dream about beer?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Bnoise11, Jan 25, 2013.

1. I had a dream once that my local store got Founders, and I was so excited as I scanned the shelves. And still, I couldn't even find KBS in my dreams. Well, that store really did get Founders, but It has been about a year and the disappointing part of my dream has come true thus far. A guy can still hope though, even if it is like hope in a Kafka story.
    dachshunddude86 likes this.
  2. can you bartend in a european airport?
  3. Yes! Last night I dreamed I was backpacking in a forest and a huge grizzly reared up to attack, so I talked him down like a negotiator and we had an in depth conversation about his maternal issues and how his anger was displaced, then his family thanked me and made me an honorary grizzly by gifting me a bee hive.

Oh wait, you said beer.
    alucard6679 likes this.
  4. why not? I'll sample some of the goods, hopefully I won't get fired in your dreams, not if I'm handing out free samples.
  5. I'm half way through reading Randy Mosher's "Tasting Beer" and since starting to read it I have had a dream about brewing every night. It caused me to have an epiphany about brewing, so today I am brewing my very first all grain batch. Avery's Ellies Brown. In a whispering voice: "If you brew it, they will come."
  6. cavedave

cavedave Champion (930) New York Mar 12, 2009

I had a dream I was served a tub of beer with a huge marshmallow. Drank the beer, then ate the marshmallow, it was really tasty. Woke up had feathers in my mouth and my pillow was destroyed
  7. fairly often, although i would file them under "work dreams"
  8. KalH

KalH Savant (250) North Carolina Sep 22, 2009

Had a dream the other night that I was in a grocery store and found Surly Abrasive, Bender, and Coffee Bender in the milk aisle. Remember wondering when Surly started distributing to Maine and how stoked I was to get home and drink the shit out of 'em! Disappointed when I awoke!
  9. WoodburyMN

WoodburyMN Savant (340) Indiana Aug 5, 2012

Frequently
  10. krl2112

krl2112 Advocate (575) Illinois Nov 10, 2012

I'm sorry what were u saying? I was day dreaming and came back drooling. :p
  11. T-RO

T-RO Savant (300) New Hampshire Nov 9, 2012

Not that often, I'm usually too drunk.
  12. It's difficult to decide which of these is the worst.
    creepinjeeper likes this.
  13. seakayak

seakayak Savant (355) Massachusetts May 20, 2007

I don't always dream of beer, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

(Hey where's that guy with the World's Most Interesting Man icon? This one was all his.)
  14. Well I've never dreamt about beer, but I recently had a dream about Smirnoff Ice. One of my friends really doesn't like the taste of beer, so if we all drink together, she gets a six pack of that stuff. Well, the other night she came over with some, and she got full from what we were eating (Super Bowl party) and couldn't finish one of her bottles. That night, I had a dream that everyone else that stayed over woke up the next morning, walked into the living room only to find that our Smirnoff friend had went home. But, before she left she had opened, but not drank anything out of literally hundreds of bottles of Smirnoff Ice and left them all around the apartment.

What a nightmare that would be.
  15. maxcoinage

maxcoinage Savant (465) Illinois Apr 6, 2012

I had a dream last night I was at a liquor store and they had pallet of Zombie Dust sitting on the floor. I started freaking out and loading up a cart with as much as possible and then went crazy and loaded up tons of bombers of all kinds of other beer. All of a sudden my wife appeared and was like 'What the hell are you doing?' and she only let me walk out of there with one six pack, but I was still stoked!
    jgluck likes this.
  16. iSTi

iSTi Aficionado (130) California Sep 10, 2012

The only time I dreamed about beer was actually a couple of nights ago. I had a dream that I was browsing a liquor store(in San Diego) and found bottles of zombie dust.
  17. I once had a dream that I was about to drink a forty of Steel Reserve. I woke up in a panic.
  18. TheGoldsmith

TheGoldsmith Zealot (80) Missouri Jan 20, 2013

Several times a month, all different kinds of dreams. Sometimes I'm drinking something I just bought, sometimes I'm drinking something I'm planning to buy that I'm stoked about, sometimes about brewing or brewery tours. Even dreams just about discussing beer with people. I've been reading Garrett Oliver's The Brewmaster's Table recently, and have been having a lot of dreams about different beer styles and perfectly paired meals.

Dreaming about beers makes not drinking at breakfast hard, thank goodness there's always the weekend!
    maxcoinage likes this.
  19. I have "beer shopping" dreams about once or twice a month. I'm always in some magical craft beer store that has all the beers I've wanted to find.
    DHS1029 likes this.
  20. DelMontiac

DelMontiac Advocate (620) Oklahoma Oct 22, 2010

I prefer to live the beer dream.
  21. DHS1029

DHS1029 Savant (325) Illinois Feb 14, 2013

Hahaha I was just wondering about his myself as I have been having beer themed dreams the last few nights. I had a dream a few nights ago that we started getting Jai Alai in Chicago and then woke up to the disappointment that not only do we not get it here, but I have never had one
  22. DHS1029

Had one like that the other night. The shelves were endless
    beerepiphany likes this.
  23. VDODSON

VDODSON Savant (310) North Dakota Feb 5, 2013

I dreamed last night I was at a bar and they had Pliny the Elder on tap. It felt like Christmas being as I have never been able to try it, and its not sold in crappy ND. One day, one day....
  24. deuce9259

deuce9259 Savant (310) Ohio Dec 28, 2011

Usually when it gets close to beer events I'll dream the beer I'm most excited for is gone when I arrive. Night terrors.
  25. DHS1029

I'll tell you one thing, I'm gonna make a dream come true tonight when I go to Hopleaf in Chicago. Never been there before so I can't wait!
    creepinjeeper likes this.
  26. Sad part is, you are not alone.
  27. SteelersX

SteelersX Savant (420) New York Jan 30, 2011

this is one of those threads!
  28. I run a liquor store 50 hours a week and I have frequent nightmares. Therefore I dream about beer a lot.
  29. Highbrow

Highbrow Savant (475) California Jan 7, 2011

lol. pretty obvious a few of these jokers are mixing up "drunk" with "dreaming". :cool:
    cavedave likes this.
  30. beercanman

beercanman Savant (485) Ohio Dec 17, 2012

Whenever I'm at work
  31. Mgm54

Mgm54 Savant (375) New York Apr 7, 2011

I dream of beer all the time, at least once a week. Also, because I am a badass, I take Alpha Brain often at night to get cool dreams, it makes them very real and often feels like real life. I think it is wonderful, as not only have I had King Henry in my dreams, but I was most likely even better than it would be in real life. In my humble opinion, I have SUPER KING HENRY. It was awesome.

Side note, I am dyslexic, and I finally figured out how to spell awesome!
  32. DHS1029

This actually turned out to be a nightmare of epic proportions. The place was impossibly crowded and the night went very quickly downhill from there. So yeah, still haven't drank at Hopleaf
  33. nc41

nc41 Advocate (650) North Carolina Sep 25, 2008

Actually never about beer, hell I don't even dream about hotties anymore.