1. Extreme Beer Fest. March 20 & 21, 2015 in Boston, Mass. Join us!
  2. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  3. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

How often do you leave a store without buying anything?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by donno005, Dec 21, 2012.

1. 2beerdogs

2beerdogs Champion (780) California Jan 31, 2005

It has been known to happen.

2. Agree on that as well.
    I'll at least get a bomber of Hop Stupid in those shops.

3. Docrock

Docrock Savant (455) Illinois Jan 21, 2012

If its a store I frequent, I usually ask what is new or for the Beer guys that know me and know my likes, they will walk over and talk to me and recommend something. Also they have told me when their shipments come in so I go in those afternoons. I try to encourage smaller stores and will almost always buy something, but they also seem to be more flexible, like buying mix 6's. may pay a little more, but then I don't have 6 of something if I don't like it.

4. theCoder

theCoder Savant (330) Minnesota Oct 24, 2011

All the time, only one shop I know of a guy there gives me crap when he asks if he can help me find anything. I usually respond "Na, just looking for anything you may have I don't have or haven't seen before." Usually he goes "Oh we got something for you then." I usually say I doubt it and he tries hard and usually it is something I have or don't care for. So this last time I knew what would get him off my back and asked if they had Brooklyn Black Ops and he sorta stood there and blankly stared at me and shook his head :-D

hoppusmaxximus likes this.
  5. I do it all the time. No big deal.