1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hunahpu Line

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by dbelcher5761, Mar 9, 2013.

1. For those of you interested, the line started about 10pm tonight...

2. jgagne

jgagne Savant (320) Kentucky Feb 23, 2011

How long is it now?

3. It was about 10 people deep when we left about 10:30.

4. mnbearsfan

mnbearsfan Savant (415) Minnesota Dec 25, 2009

If anyone wants to make a trade for some midwest Surly Brews, let me know. Looking fo r a steady partner down there.

5. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

LOL. Huna is turning into Darkness Day (w/ better weather).

6. brystmar

brystmar Initiate (0) Texas Sep 2, 2009

Going to bed right down the road, see you guys at 6!

7. Lansman

Lansman Savant (410) Illinois Mar 19, 2011

3:45 AM: About 75 people in line

8. 7clutch

7clutch Savant (255) Florida Sep 14, 2012

430 not much change

9. augustg

augustg Savant (290) Illinois Sep 15, 2011

About 150 at 4:30

10. DovaliHops

DovaliHops Savant (480) California Nov 16, 2009

Jealous of everyone attending. If you happen to see my friend Chad and his wife Stephanie, treat them with some good-ol Florida hospitality. They're good people, and in town on business. Said they would stop by for the release. Hope everyone has a blast. Cheers!

11. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (365) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

sorry nothing to see here folks ;)

Thank god this isn't a Midwest release i would be shut out of the instawhales by 4am ;) Thanks to everyone at Pegs for the Awesome bottle share yesterday too. It was so nice to finally put a face with some of the great people i have traded with...

raymo55, xxcarpxx and dachshunddude86 like this.
  12. Update on the line?

13. its starting to curve into the home depot lot and people are showing up at a faster rate

14. brystmar

Never thought I'd be waiting outside a Hope Depot at 6am

chardlogic and woodchopper like this.
  15. Lutter

Lutter Advocate (650) Texas Jun 30, 2010

Is there drinking going on in the line already?

16. woodchopper

I personally can't wait to get my hunaphu day project off and running with this Crew and home depot ;)

MarcatGSB and FUNKPhD like this.
  17. Very disappointed that not many are drinking in line around the turn into the home depot parking lot... Front half of line looked fun though

18. yup

Lutter and woodchopper like this.
  19. How many are in line? On my way to Tampa now

20. woodchopper

bring your ass up and get a pour ;) I'm the guy shaped like a bowling pin and across from house #3915 .... we have a few open too
    its just beer and we got plenty to share.

wearing a dark horse shirt

21. We're in the back and the cops are about to boot us from Home Depot. Uh oh!

22. mixed_master7

mixed_master7 Initiate (0) Florida May 16, 2012

Leaving saint Pete right now, grabbin food and should be there in about an hour or so. Look for the dude all black shirt, bear republic hat, and light blue Hurley hoodie until it warms up a bit.

23. weatherdog

weatherdog Savant (470) Illinois Nov 7, 2007

At least being in the Home Depot parking lot gives you very easy access to cheap mules. Take advantage people!

24. brystmar

Same here, and I brought plenty to share! I'm right at the U turn in the lot, grey hat + blue north face windbreaker. Gonna go say hi to woodchopper first, then happy to open stuff with you/anyone.

-Thomas 312-203-5659

25. brystmar

I'm inside waiting in line at the back token booth. Where did you guys end up?

26. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (340) Florida May 16, 2011

Can u come in and hang out without an Id? My buddy lost his wallet and was gonna come and hang out.

27. rholmes

rholmes Aficionado (105) Florida Sep 11, 2012

They're checking Id's as they let you in I believe.

28. Lefty1881

Lefty1881 Aficionado (210) Florida Dec 31, 2010

These beer lines are fucking awful, no one is moving at all. But, having said that- this years Huanhpu is by far perfection and the best they've made, they nailed it. Drink it fresh!

dachshunddude86 likes this.
  29. raczkowski

raczkowski Savant (340) Florida May 16, 2011

Are they still handing bands out?

30. WagonCircler

WagonCircler Savant (285) New York May 15, 2011

Have fun dudes

31. csbinva

csbinva Savant (265) Virginia Jan 13, 2010

How about sending some pics for those of us unfortunate souls that couldn't make it down?

32. jbear68

jbear68 Aficionado (195) Florida Sep 23, 2010

I'm no snob when it comes to lines but today was horribly organized. We had to wait for the bottles for one hour then were turned away at the front and sent to the back of another line for another two hours. The lines to get a beer were also insanely long. There is a way to make this event properly organized and make clear what people ar standing in line for (bottles or tap). Overall our group had a good time but I was surprised by the chaos.

HighWine likes this.
  33. BAstoutsNsours

BAstoutsNsours Initiate (0) Florida Sep 21, 2012

Fucking absolute nightmare. The entire event. I love CCB but they MUST change the format for Huna day. I got two pours all day because the lines were crazy. My first pour took me close to 3 hours to get. The second I got of some crappy beer that was easy. I just drank the beer I brought from then out and left before 2pm because it was so poorly organized. At every turn I was bumping into people that were miserable. This needs to be a ticketed event in the future with a cap or the event venue must change. 3 hours in line to buy Huna bottles? Never again!

Finatic likes this.
  34. Florida9

Florida9 Advocate (520) Illinois Feb 14, 2009

Just got my bottles of Hunu's. took less than 30 minutes. Only complaint would be the pissers. 6 johns for 5000 people? Don't think I've ever praised the handling of DLD, but at least FFF knows people have to piss.

woodchopper, biglobo8971 and HighWine like this.
  35. BAstoutsNsours

BAstoutsNsours Initiate (0) Florida Sep 21, 2012

30 min lol, was this some secret line I was unaware of or it just died down?

36. augustg

augustg Savant (290) Illinois Sep 15, 2011

Lines are fine now. And a good about of Huna still available.

37. Preismj

Preismj Savant (315) Illinois Feb 19, 2011

If you waited longer than 30 minutes, you chose to. There was no need to wait that long and I got my bottles in 15-20. Not sure what issue you ran into, but certainly not one I experienced. I was at the back of the line and to the front in no time starting at 2:30.

38. Finatic

Finatic Savant (300) Florida Jan 16, 2011

Totally agree, the event has gotten too big and drastic measures need to be taken.

39. mondegreen

mondegreen Savant (420) Georgia Nov 4, 2009

If that's the case, you jumped in front of someone. Shit was so poorly organized you might not have known you did it.

40. Preismj

Preismj Savant (315) Illinois Feb 19, 2011

Right...just went through a second time in less than 5 minutes for the extras that we're left (over 7000 bottles). Im from Chicago and know what waiting in a line is. While worse waits than last year, this was phenomenal compared to dark lord day. If you waited multiple hours, you only did so because you lined up between 1 and 2. There was no reason to do that.

raymo55 likes this.