Dismiss Notice
Save $5 when you subscribe to 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine and select auto-renew.

Subscribe now →
Dismiss Notice
Join Our Email List →

And we'll send you the latest updates and offers from BeerAdvocate, because knowing is half the battle.
Dismiss Notice

Pre-order your Respect Beer "Hipster" Hoodie today!

Plus: Free shipping (US only) on orders of $25 or more until 12/18/15. Just select "Free Shipping" at checkout.

Shop now →

Hunahpu's Day March 9th, 2013

Discussion in 'South-Atlantic' started by jivex5k, Oct 2, 2012.

1. jivex5k

jivex5k Advocate (660) Florida Apr 13, 2011

2. robinsmv

robinsmv Initiate (0) Florida Jun 24, 2010

I know which Saturday I'm taking off work
  3. Interested to see how they handle it this year. Last year was insanely fun, but I'm afraid it was also pretty much at capacity. Wonder if they're moving it 'off-site' for a more 'festival' type feel?

Either way I'm going, just curious.
  4. brewbetter

brewbetter Savant (410) Nauru Jun 2, 2012

I hope I don't have an exam that Monday.
  5. Zappbranagan

Zappbranagan Aficionado (160) Florida Feb 24, 2012 Verified

Done. I will be there for sure!
  6. If they can have more drink stations, that would be nice. Instead of having 5-6 beers per line, Try to have 3-4 drinks per line. You would have a greater number of lines, but they would be shorter.
  7. I'm so going.
  8. hoppy99

hoppy99 Aficionado (205) Florida Feb 28, 2009

I'm in line, and there are about 50 people ahead of me
    luwak, NoSignsOfPain and bryanole27 like this.
  9. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

I hate that I'm going to be out of town that weekend. Booooo!!! Have fun, everyone!!
  10. That's exactly what I'm afraid of. I have been very fortunate thus far, but eventually I will be left out...because sadly it will take more and more effort to get a bottle.
  11. TheCaptain99

TheCaptain99 Aficionado (155) North Carolina Dec 4, 2010 Verified

How many bottles are you alowed to buy?
  12. gunhaver

gunhaver Savant (455) Florida May 27, 2007

that has yet to be determined.
  13. Yup. Going.
  14. robinsmv

robinsmv Initiate (0) Florida Jun 24, 2010

Going for sure
  15. Lare453

Lare453 Champion (965) Florida Feb 1, 2012 Verified

def going to be there
  16. chardlogic

chardlogic Savant (370) Florida Feb 18, 2011 Verified

Only the hospital, jail, or morgue will keep me away from this.
  17. reto21

reto21 Aficionado (140) Alabama Aug 31, 2011

...but even then I'll still make it somehow.
    chardlogic likes this.
  18. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Florida Oct 30, 2010

I was just at CCB last night. Imp Sweet Stout anyone??

They now have the whole property and the new tasting room expansion should be finished in December, They have a HUGE storage room that Wayne said will be mostly empty of there supplies at that time. So I there should be plenty of room.
  19. TheCaptain99

TheCaptain99 Aficionado (155) North Carolina Dec 4, 2010 Verified

May need to visit my parents in Florida this weekend. Do people camp out for this or do you have to buy tickets?
  20. Heatwave33

Heatwave33 Advocate (615) Florida Sep 13, 2011 Verified

I'm there for sure. Maybe I'll finally get to return my exploded Apple Brandy Hunahpu Growlers o_O
    iadler and Bluecane like this.
  21. MagillaGriller

MagillaGriller Savant (315) Aug 20, 2012

Nip off my ripples. Road Trip.
  22. I got there at 7:30 am last year and was in the first 150 in line. By the time the festival opened, there were probably around 1000 people in line (I could be way off. Im just guessing). You buy tickets once you get inside. One ticket = one beer.
  23. jloomis

jloomis Savant (435) Florida Jan 6, 2010 Verified

Also the buying of tickets is for beers to drink that day (and there are a lot of amazing beers being poured) not for bottles of Hunahpus. You get a wristband for your allotment of Hunahpus while waiting in line, this year they actually passed out wristbands to the line before they started letting folks in which I thought was super smart. Get there early, but not the night before, please lets not start that trend. I got there earlier this year as opposed to last year, around 9-9:30 in line and we were around #400 in line. Hopefully next year there will be a bit more beer, but as I stated before you will no-matter what get to drink Hunahpus that day along with a to of other amazing beers.

Lastly, wow I can't believe were discussing this in October.
  24. BAstoutsNsours

BAstoutsNsours Initiate (0) Florida Sep 21, 2012

I was thinking about setting up a tent this weekend so I could be first in line, might wait till next weekend tho, hopefully I'll still get there early enough for a wristband. HUNADROOL!!!
  25. Finatic

Finatic Savant (300) Florida Jan 16, 2011

I got there about 9:30 AM and was about 500th in line. Agreed in that passing out the wristbands ahead of time was a smart idea.
  26. GatorBeerNerd

GatorBeerNerd Savant (445) Georgia Sep 15, 2007

Weren't the wristbands that they handed out early just the ID check bands? I thought they still did the Hunahpu bands as you entered the gate. Regardless, it was a good idea to speed up the process.
  27. Finatic

Finatic Savant (300) Florida Jan 16, 2011

I think I received two bands, one for Hunaphu and one for ID, not positive about that though.
  28. Axic10

Axic10 Advocate (505) New Jersey Mar 15, 2008 Verified

This is correct. We got both bands while waiting in line.
  29. Heatwave33

Heatwave33 Advocate (615) Florida Sep 13, 2011 Verified

Stratiging a gameplan in October equals Holy Crap this year will be INSANE! Should be fun and interesting to say the least. See you all MARCH 9TH (5 months from now!).
    jloomis and HopsJunkiedotcom like this.
  30. Bluecane

Bluecane Initiate (0) New York Dec 30, 2011

What is this word, Stephen?! :p
  31. LuisQ

LuisQ Aficionado (200) Florida Jan 9, 2013 Verified

It doesn't cost anything to enter, correct? I mean, there's no entry price?
  32. hoppy99

hoppy99 Aficionado (205) Florida Feb 28, 2009

33. jrcmlc

jrcmlc Savant (300) Illinois Aug 8, 2011

I'm strongly considering coming down for this....not a giant fan of going alone but it is looking that way...

Bottle share in line ok?
  34. neobob187

neobob187 Aficionado (210) Oregon Jan 28, 2011

I've never brought bottles, but I've seen plenty of bottle sharing going on especially before the gates open.
  35. jrcmlc

What is the method of conveyace on these bottles? backpack ala DLD, or what? Do most people bring chairs? Is 7am acceptable for getting in line or should I plan on earlier?
  36. GatorBeer

GatorBeer Savant (385) South Carolina Feb 2, 2010 Verified

They'll prob just give you the bottles solo so bring something to carry them in. Last year I stayed late and got a case with box, but otherwise it was just the single bottles. Most people have chairs/coolers, there wasn't much seating last year. 7am should be fine? It was last year I got there about that time and was ~300-400 in line.
  37. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

I bring the old foldable chair w/ shoulder strap and a rolling cooler to bring bottles/put bottles in throughout the day.
  38. And sunscreen. Dear god, please bring sunscreen.
    luwak and GatorBeerNerd like this.
  39. jrcmlc

Hmm. Maybe a cooler that can double as a chair....
  40. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (400) Illinois Jul 31, 2010 Verified

Oh boy...... I am calling into work sick for a few days i can feel a terrible cough coming on about next Thursday.....
    does anybody have some suggestions on all how to hide a sunburn ;)

thanks for the help in advance
    xxcarpxx likes this.