1. The wait is over! Download the BeerAdvocate app on iTunes or Google Play now.
  2. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Hunahpu's Day (weekend) Thanks

Discussion in 'US - South-Atlantic' started by jloomis, Mar 10, 2013.

1. jloomis

jloomis Savant (315) Florida Jan 6, 2010

Just wanted to start a post to comment on the fun that was had this past weekend, and to have a place so others can share thanks as well.

First thanks to CCB and all the local Brewerys, Bars, Restaurants, etc for organizing all their events.
    Especially CCB for Hunahpu's Day, it can't be easy to organize it was a great fun day, Thanks.

Thanks also to all the great people I got to hang out with, trade, and share great beers with. Especially, Shane, Paula, Dan, Sue, Jeannine, and everyone who hung out with us at Pegs on Friday this was my personal favorite event of the weekend. Thanks to Jeff and Megan for hanging out on Saturday and sharing beers. And everyone else that I met Cheers!

So everyone, free to share your Thanks, or fun stories from the week on this thread

bryanole27, Deltoro and 7clutch like this.
  2. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

Definitely a fun few days! My biggest thanks to John aka Elkhunter36 and his wife Rachael. They are just fantastic folks and I really enjoyed the conversation and generosity they shared throughout the weekend events.

It was good putting faces to names, even though I can't remember everyone's real names, lol. Luwak, Deltoro, beernads, BAstoutsnsours, joshodonn, ravenacht, dolfan, dontcounttoday, Big man Chris (dont know BA name), etc. It was good drinking some brews with everyone and anyone I forgot.

beernads, Heatwave33, Deltoro and 5 others like this.
  3. jloomis

Yes, thanks to Elkhunter and Rachael for sharing Rachael's Homebrews and both being super nice. And we need to say thanks to beerisheaven even though he couldn't be here for sending down the PA bottles!

luwak and beernads like this.
  4. MADPolo

MADPolo Initiate (0) Alabama Dec 19, 2012

Yes, I thanked him in the other post, but definitely thanks to beerisheaven. He is a very generous BA that donated some PA bottles for no other reason than to share.

donttazemebro likes this.
  5. I want to add my thanks too. I drove down from Philly for the long weekend, and it was a great time starting with Thursday at Cigar City, Pegs, Hunahpus day itself, and 7th Sun today. The breweries were all excellent and only surpassed by the generosity of all the cool people I drank with. Thanks, and I definately want to do it again!

Deltoro, xxcarpxx and gjoker321 like this.
  6. gjoker321

gjoker321 Advocate (535) Florida Dec 26, 2007

Next time you make it down don't miss Rapp brewing and Barley Mow! 20 minutes away from cigar city and amazing beers!

7. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Initiate (0) Alabama Jan 13, 2011

What an amazing weekend... Unreal time at Pegs Friday..and finish it off at CCB Saturday... I meet so many great BAs I can't name them all... Mike ..I can't remember your BA name... Your a awesome mother!! Raymos... Woodchopper... Man, you guys rock... Can't wait to see you all again..

8. I would like to add a thank you to the Tampa PD for not arresting everyone when Home Depot called them! They were actually pretty cool about it as they gave everyone ample time/notice that their car would be towed! CCB for opening the gates early to get us out of Home Depot's parking lot and nobody has mentioned the Food Trucks who kept everyone from passing out drunk! The food was very good in my opinion and those guys worked very hard to keep it flowing! Last, but not least, thank you to the CCB staff! I can't even imagine how tired those bartenders were after a day like that and they kept everyone cups full the entire day! Hopefully everyone tipped well and they made some good money for putting in the hard work!

Cheers!

9. Deltoro

Deltoro Savant (340) Florida Sep 15, 2012

I feel like this is an Oscar speech and I didn't expect to win. There's wayyyy too many people to thank. Thursday night was my first tasting with more than three people and wow what a experience! Everybody was crazy nice and generous, one of the best nights of my life. Pegs was great until my stomach started to turn on me sadly but fun nonetheless. Also great to put a face to the some cool people around here. Uh oh their playing the get off the stage music, time to me to go.......

*lifts imaginary BA award and tears up while mouthing thank you repeatedly*

luwak and xxcarpxx like this.
  10. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Florida Oct 30, 2010

I arrived Saturday at 615 as was just on the cusp of the Home Depot Parking lot!.. (never going early again)
    Had a great time, wish I would of run into some BA whose handles I recognized. We found a nice spot in the shade of the grain silo and had a great time.

I was the fat guy with the giant Three Floyds patch on my back. If we met and shared beer I thank you!

OtisCampbell likes this.
  11. I'm big man Chris!

I had a blast hanging out with all of you guys, can't wait to do it again. Can't thank everyone enough for their generosity...too awesome.

tugg407 and MADPolo like this.
  12. hoppy99

hoppy99 Aficionado (195) Florida Feb 28, 2009

OMG - you people were all so much fun!!! You know who you are!!! Cheers, it was awesome!

13. Truly an amazing time and amazing people! Where else could you wait in like, talk to a stranger, make a trade and walk away with a Westy and BCBS. Amazing time!!!

14. woodchopper

woodchopper Savant (365) Illinois Jul 31, 2010

Awesome time ..... Great event....... Good people..... i hope i can get there next year too.....

I think 3 Floyds could learn a lot about how to put on an event from you guys ;)

luwak and tugg407 like this.
  15. jriggins6

jriggins6 Savant (350) Colorado May 18, 2011

A great event with amazing weather, people and beer. Who ever was I was sharing beer with in the back tent near the porta crappers sipping Naked Evil and BCBCS and all those amazing beers THANK YOU!!!!

raymo55, OtisCampbell and woodchopper like this.
  16. jloomis

BigGene was your group from Jacksonville? We were right under the Silo in the back as well, I opened up some RR Consecration, SeaBass, and 7vth Sun beers, and you may have shared some Fou' Foune with me which was one of the highlights of the day for me. Thanks! (To whomever shared that with me:)).

17. wscaffe

wscaffe Savant (345) Florida May 6, 2011

I was in the back with the group from Jacksonville. I think the Fou Foune was opened by a gentlemen named Jon, nulledge on BA.

Cheers,
    Prescott

18. kirbmeist

kirbmeist Savant (350) Florida Mar 16, 2012

I want to send a big thanks to Matt (sendsilk) for just blowing me away with his generosity cheers to you good sir. Also want to thank Woodchopper for letting me sample some amazing beers and major wants. Danny (mixed_master7) thanks to you as well buddy that BA Speedway was delicious. Also would like to thank Jamie (xxcarpxx) for sharing his Cherry Rye with me just for me selling him one of my bottles of hunah, your the man. All you guys are awesome and I had a great time meeting yall and sharing awesome beers. Can't wait to do it again.

Cheers Guys

19. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (475) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

I haven't had the time to get on here to drop my thanks yet...so here it goes.

This was an amazing festival...amazing beer...amazing weather...and the best group of 8000+ people I have had the pleasure to drink beer with! And also a big thank you to Cigar City Brewing and their crew on making it an almost perfect experience (MORE PORT-A-POTTIES....duh!)

And now for some BA member shout outs:
    sendsilk
    woodchopper
    xxcarpxx
    chitownfish
    elkhunter36
    Stogies
    CaptCleveland
    injuredreserve
    7clutch
    Jcartamdg
    donttazemebro
    and I know there is more....I did my best.

Cheers!

20. BigGene

BigGene Initiate (0) Florida Oct 30, 2010

We wetter from Orlando, we had a group next to us from atlanta. One of the guys had some amazing lemongrass wheat homebrew.

21. vapodge

vapodge Aficionado (225) Florida Nov 24, 2009

Oh, dear. I had a blast, but my memory is super spotty. Flew in from San Diego Friday night and had a bottle share at the Hilton that night. CaptCleveland busted into one of our rooms when we were unpacking. Tried to get in touch with him later that night to join in, but to no avail. Was wired and also three hours behind and wound up staying up all night.

Bad move.

Got in line around 5:30 and started sharing and may have taken a quick catnap. Got in and one of the first beers handed my way was a Westy 12. At 7:45AM. Crazy generosity by an awesome fellow who opened it, took a pour and walked away. Immediately after that was a Bourbon County Cherry Rye. Insane. I hope my Alpines were enjoyed -- I feel like I am in debt to so many. Randy for his CO roadtrip brews. Finally chatting for real with Craig from Gainesville.

Shout-outs to two fellow Upstaters whose names I don't remember -- Jared was one and the other had a sweet 'stache and was generous with his Flower Power.

Should've gotten more sleep prior but still had an awesome time.

Oh, and aepb1 is the man. That is all.

22. jloomis

Big thanks to all of you from Jacksonville for sharing, and especially nulledge for the Gilgamesh and Fou Foune!

wscaffe likes this.
  23. I was the upstate new yorker with the cherry Rye and flower powers, among other bottles that I can't even remember. Your Alpines were some of my favorite of the day and it was a blast to set up camp with you guys.

24. woodchopper

its beer brother and its meant to be shared glad we all had a blast I hope to do it next year too!

25. kirbmeist

kirbmeist Savant (350) Florida Mar 16, 2012

cant wait my friend

woodchopper likes this.
  26. 7clutch

7clutch Savant (255) Florida Sep 14, 2012

Thanks to woodchopper for making sure I didn't pour ppl any cork-infused cantillon gueuze haha...last time I buy a $2 wine opener from a gas station at 6 am with my sobriety already in question :-x

luwak, deezy23, woodchopper and 4 others like this.
  27. nulledge

nulledge Aficionado (170) Florida Jul 14, 2008

No worries, I'm always happy to share. Also, thanks for passing that RR our way.

jloomis likes this.
  28. raymo55

raymo55 Savant (475) Michigan Oct 3, 2011

That was a beautiful moment.

woodchopper and 7clutch like this.
  29. 7clutch

And as much as I had obliterated it he managed to take the cork apart piece by piece without letting a single shred get in. Dr. Woodchopper, Beer Surgeon.

30. mixed_master7

mixed_master7 Initiate (0) Florida May 16, 2012

As the name suggests.

Was a great event with awesome beer and even better people!
    Hope to see everyone at the Berliner Bash at Peg's, coming up.

Cheers!

kirbmeist and 7clutch like this.
  31. woodchopper

as long as it took to open that one i could of had 2-3 more beers down ....... that cork might of kept me from getting to cloudy and polluted 1st thing in the morning too..... Oh wait it wasn't even 6 am when you crack that one ;)

i am going to say its because it was too dark out ;)

ya laugh it up Raymo i saw you laughing...... :( but we pulled through like champs not chumps :)

raymo55 and 7clutch like this.
  32. 7clutch

I tried to be a tough guy (and a dumbass) and leave without a jacket. My wife knew better but we were in a rush so she grabbed an extra jacket of hers. Between the fact that I was wearing a woman's jacket and a big lumberjack had to save my scrawny ass from my pathetic struggle to open a bottle of beer, I can definitively say my masculine pride took a terrible blow (which recovered mightily when woodchopper and crew opened up that barrel aged hi-fi. :))

33. Hmm... I beleive the last question I asked him before we left for the airport was, "Do you need a corkscrew?"
    Woodchopper said, "Ahhh...who needs a corkscrew?!?"

woodchopper and 7clutch like this.
  34. Had a killer time meeting those of you I met. I can't even remember who I did and didn't meet. All I know is that my Untappd records from last weekend were nuts. Great great time and I hope all of you out of staters enjoyed yourselves and had safe journeys home!

35. woodchopper

Iso address so I can send you a real corkscrew ;)

and don't worry about the women's jacket no one probably notice til you mentioned it :(
    it's not like it had flowers and hearts all over it ;)

never admit nothing at a beer release I would of went with a bad cork story ;)

7clutch likes this.
  36. deezy23

deezy23 Aficionado (185) Georgia Nov 15, 2009

Ha great to sit next to you guys and have some of that gueuze

Does anyone know if the woman who stumbled past us before the corkscrew moment survived to even see the entry gates?

7clutch likes this.
  37. brewbetter

brewbetter Savant (410) Nauru Jun 2, 2012

What was the final tap list?

38. gunhaver

gunhaver Savant (455) Florida May 27, 2007

not sure anyone really knows that

BigGene likes this.
  39. thirstygator

thirstygator Savant (250) Florida Mar 29, 2012

That was me with the Westy and I'm glad you enjoyed it! We had a great time and enjoyed too many brews to list (or remember). And yes, Andy is the man!

40. xxcarpxx

xxcarpxx Initiate (0) Alabama Jan 13, 2011

I'm not sure she even made it back to her spot in line...haha

7clutch likes this.